Hat Suggestions?

Guest diyer

Right, went out in the car today, anything above 60mph and my beanie starts to get drawn off the top of my head!

Who can suggest a solution to this?

I am posting this very tongue in cheek, and await some engineering solutions to this problem!

nearly hatless, Simon

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peter2b2002

get a small croc clip and some string, clip to the back of you hat, put the string arround your neck,over some thing or you find it hurts when your hat comes off @80)

pete2b

if your follicaly challenged like some of us. a dab of superglue works a treat, (slightly more permanent)

steve

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have to try that.

You could slip a long elastic band over the top? Discreetly hide it under a fold?

Guest graham dockerill
:D My mate John who came with me to Le Mans last year lost his hat after 35 miles, purchased a new one at Dover, then put a hole in it and a piece of string and attached it to the seat belt, I think he still has the hat and the seat belt.

When its so cold I just dont care what I look like, (more & more often nowadays!!)

I have a Russian style hat (from M&S) which has ear flaps and velcro on the straps which

go under the chin.

Not very stylish, but effective.

(Seems to be a Velcro day today!)

Style with practical fit for even the windiest day. The knitted straps allow adjustment of tension for a secure fit. Available as a kit with incomprehensible instructions, two needles and a choice of colours. Ideal for the kit car builder who will enjoy the challenge of knitting this hat.

Nigel

I have loads of different bits of headgear, both to suit either the weather or the mood ( me, moody! never! -_- )

Open-faced crash helmet with peak & goggles for this cold weather etc, the BEST for keeping your head warm & dry. (Please note, open-faced. full-faced are for racetracks, one would look a right pillock with one of those on in a car on the normal road)

Leather "flying helmet & goggles" complete with accesories, ie white silk scarf.

"Monkey head" helmet type thing, that has nice ear-muffs built in and velcro under the chin. (For those "Dickhead days")

Various selection of Bobless-Bobhats

Then there's the common-o-garden Baseball cap, a varied selection, most of which will vacate their position at anything over 50 mph, so need to have a check-string attaching to stop littering the road with them.