Dvla Leeds

Grizzly

I applied to DVLA on 16th April regarding a Build Up Inspection.

I really thought that I'd sent off all the paperwork in plenty of time.

I rang them on Thursday as I'd heard nothing.

They seem to be in dissaray. I've received a letter today.

Basically, they want me to trailer the car (and it must be trailered) to the VOSA Station in Leeds on 04/06/07 :shok: :shok: :shok:

OK, I know I may not pass SVA first time on 4th May but I should get it through soon afterwards.

I'm gutted to feel that it won't be untill June before I can get this car on the road. :cray: :cray: :cray:

Do I just have to accept this? :unknw:

I was under the impression that the DVLA came out to you to inspect the vehicle and damm sooner too? :unknw:

I applied to DVLA on 16th April regarding a Build Up Inspection.

I really thought that I'd sent off all the paperwork in plenty of time.

I rang them on Thursday as I'd heard nothing.

They seem to be in dissaray. I've received a letter today.

Basically, they want me to trailer the car (and it must be trailered) to the VOSA Station in Leeds on 04/06/07 :shok: :shok: :shok:

OK, I know I may not pass SVA first time on 4th May but I should get it through soon afterwards.

I'm gutted to feel that it won't be untill June before I can get this car on the road. :cray: :cray: :cray:

Do I just have to accept this? :unknw:

I was under the impression that the DVLA came out to you to inspect the vehicle and damm sooner too? :unknw:

i thought the 10 days i had to wait was a long time

wheres your next nearest dvla office?

i thought the 10 days i had to wait was a long time

wheres your next nearest dvla office?

Hi Dave,

I'm prepared to travel wherever if they won't come and see me.

However, I thought it HAD to be your local DVLA Office :unknw:

Shrewsbury wouldn't inspect mine until after it was SVA'd. But they did at least allow me to drive it back to the VOSA depot where it was inspected. I think you should challenge the Leeds office with the fact that it is unnecessary to insist on it being trailered.

OK, I rang DVLA (Swansea) this morning. Although the guy wasn't very helpful, he was very sympathetic. He agreed that I'd be naturally eager to get the car registered as soon as possible. It seems we're suffering from Government cutbacks though. The trend seems to be going towards customers taking their vehicles to them (DVLA) rather than them coming out to you. As an aside, from a carbon footprint point of view, this is much more costly. Furthermore, it's passing the cost directly onto the customer. Actually, I wouldn't mind paying a nominal charge for them to come out. Anyway, I digress. Yes, it has to be your local office (which have been decimated by the cutbacks) and he doubted very much that any other office would be able to see me any sooner (or want to). ‘How come I can legally drive to SVA but not to DVLA?’ I asked. ‘Because that’s the law’ he replied. ‘That’s a bit crazy isn’t it?’. ‘Yes’ he replied. At this point he suggested I take up a job in Government :spiteful: :D

I’ve also spoken to the DVLA in Leeds. I could still have someone come out to me but it would take even longer! Anyway, I asked nicely if I could possibly have an earlier appointment. They could squeeze me in on 21st May said the nice lass. That's better I said - Thanks!

I'll take up the 'Trailering' Issue with them a bit nearer the time.....

as is usual they all seem to be different. Sheffield DVLA seemed only too keen to come out and do the inspection (morning out of office). Had a coffee with the inspector and talked kit cars with him.

My inspector even gave me his direct number and said as soon as i passed SVA give him a call and he would sort out registration paperwork and could pick up registration and tax disc on way back from test centre.

Gave him the call and true to his word everyting ready at DVLA office did not even have to wait in que now thats service.

Hi

I used Leeds as well. I applied through Paul Jepson and he warned me at the time that Leeds had just stopped the home visit service, due to a retirement. I think I had a 2 month wait, and I had to trailer it there - no question, with ALL four wheels off the ground. Was very fortunate that I knew someone who could help. He's buggered off to live in Cyprus so I can't offer his services to ya.

It's just the way it is. Its galling tho' cos when you get there the inspection takes less than 10 minutes. They look at the engine number, the chassis number, any paper work (proof of newness etc), fill in a form and state new or age related plate and ask you for a cheque.......

Gov't agencies.... don't ya just love em ;)

e