Barkston, Who & How Many Are Going

Guest Steve Allen

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve Allen

In my opinion you could not get a safer track, 17 cars being thrashed all day and one minor bump, lets face it we dont build these cars with tiny little engines so that we can go slow, The track is where thay are meant to be, I wouldn't want to even try driving my car on the public road for one mile the way i was driving at Barkston. the alternative would be probably be crashing into a lampost (Not a set of tyres) getting some points on the Licence, getting killed or killing someone else and for sure needing more than a new nose cone and wishbones to fix the car. When on he track we all had the ability to lift our right foot off the gas pedal but where is the fun in that, the other bonus about Barkston is that your not going to run into the back of someone else or feel threatend by someone trying to over take you,

I know where i would rather have a bump if it was to happen, max 30 seconds it takes to get recover to you should you care to exit the track early,

ask anyone who has come off would they go again and did they crash because the track was not safe.

Barkston is great and keep it going........

steve

Guest chris brown
with all these insidents you may as well cancel july as most of us are just to scared and wimping out ;)

It’s only a little red mist that drifts in front of some people’s eyes at times. I agree with Steve it is a good little track and allot more technical than most and if you do go off it is your fault as there is never another car within 100 yards

Mind you I still don’t like those concrete water tanks no matter how many tyres there are around them B)

Guest chris brown
no pics

but got a little video till tim looked into my camera and broke it!!!! :o :o

will host it somewhere later, but i was quite slow

Was it you who was slow Dave or the film? :yahoo:

Sorry I missed you and Peter before you left but Just had to stay on track untill it closed well except for the last 2 minuets.

Guest chris brown
mine you i was faster than peter
Everybody was faster than Peter B) Sorry Peter

Good point Tim has the style marks so if you read this Tim could you post them up PLEASE

Guest Steve Allen

Cheers Tim, for reference my car was a Yellow Westy 1800 Zetec & Tony Lees - MK Indy Fireblade, as stated on the day i am well chuffed with my time, knocked four seconds off my previous best time. must of been a redmist moment.

Steve

Checked the video and I have the spin into the tyres beautifully recorded. It was a slow lap as I had already had a moment earlier and eased off but wanted to work on the final corner which I had been getting wrong all day. So went and got it even more wrong. Rats!

Will stick it all on You Tube when I have cut it down a bit.

Nigel

Guest robin

Hi folks,

This was my first ever track day and it was fantastic!! Especially as my delayed SVA date meant I just missed last years fun.

I was surprised at what my hood could do. Even got it a bit sideways! Not very quick with the style points though. Only 58.16.

I didn't really play with any settings on the car such as tyre pressures or damper settings. I just wanted to explore what it could do. I think I'll do some experimenting next time to lose some points!!.

Me and dad had great fun, thanks to all who organised and ran the event.

Robin