I Have Brought My First Rh

Guest splashtex

Guest Andrew M

Hi,

I have just used the NW area website and found that mine is a Mark 3 with outboard coil overs, why where there not a lot of these made?? is there somthing that I should be looking out for?? :huh:

Cheers

Andy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the monocoque cars were designed for rh by an outside company / individual. For whatever reason, the license to build the cars was not extended, so RH had to make their own design, which is why the 2b was created, nothing more sinister.

Guest splashtex

well it looks abit diffrent in just over a week can get stuck into cleaning and painting the tubes now

question for you " do you need to have a windscreen for a SVA " i was hoping to just get a small screen t

hingymajig so hence no wipers ect "

14042008052.jpg

14042008055.jpg

14042008056.jpg

Guest salty_monk

If you fit it once you passed, you need wipers for MOT otherwise you need to take it back off again every year. You don't need demister's for MOT though.

Dan :)

Might be worth looking at the front wishbone conversion if its available from GBS for your kit as you have it stripped back.

There are also some mods to the rear suspension where it mounts the Sub frame to the chassis , that will firm it up a lot.

Oh OH OH OH OH I've just come over all unnecessary.....

The 100E Thames van was my first car....had many happy hours in it...some of the happiest in the back!!!

Then I sprayed it......MARIGOLD....God knows why.....then sold it to my brother.

Two weeks later he wrote it off.......& he never did pay me for it.....

It definitely needs a Pinto stuffed in it..... :D

Bob

Guest splashtex
Oh OH OH OH OH I've just come over all unnecessary.....

The 100E Thames van was my first car....had many happy hours in it...some of the happiest in the back!!!

Then I sprayed it......MARIGOLD....God knows why.....then sold it to my brother.

Two weeks later he wrote it off.......& he never did pay me for it.....

It definitely needs a Pinto stuffed in it..... :D

Bob

it has a 1620 pre xflox in it ]

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Tex, I may sound like a worrying old womn ! but I would strongly recomend that you dont build the car on 4 axle stands - some one drinking tea and offering advice will lean on it and of she goes ! I am speaking from experience - mine belly flopped

modern axle stands have such narrow bases.

hope you enjoy the build - mines a Sub K and it handles well with standard bits on it.

Steve

Guest splashtex
Tex, I may sound like a worrying old womn ! but I would strongly recomend that you dont build the car on 4 axle stands - some one drinking tea and offering advice will lean on it and of she goes ! I am speaking from experience - mine belly flopped

modern axle stands have such narrow bases.

hope you enjoy the build - mines a Sub K and it handles well with standard bits on it.

Steve

all ready had the leaners pop round and yes your right the do go flop

she will be on a frame soon has i have the tubes in primer

• 4 months later...