Thanx All

philshelton

Thanks to all for a good day saturday apart from the weather even a drownded loopy lynn enjoyed herself don't think caitlin opened her eyes long enough to see all the shiny cars though

hoping mine is ready for next years show and may even camp as well

cheers

si

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest manglemender

Many Thanks to all who put the effort in to for a great show for the club. Sadly Jan and I weren't able to camp as we had other engagements this weekend but we enjoyed our day trip on Saturday. The silver lining in Saturdays weather was the fact that everybody stayed at home, we had a lovely, is somewhat damp, run home via the Peak District on empty roads... In June!

I finally got round to buying some new rear shocks from Dampertech; no all I have to do is fit them before Thursday when we're off to Padstow for the weekend, celebrating Jan's 50th.

When is the Smallways Weekend?

Nick

Guest robinj66

Big thanks to all who organised the hospitality, especially the food and shelter rom the Newark weather.

Thanks to all those who put up with my endless questions about exhaust mounts etc :ph34r:

nice to put faces to names at last

Thanks to all involved: Cracking couple of days.

First time I have driven the car out of the garage while it was raining.

It was good meeting up with the Lightweight Duo, Steve, Northhants guys and tail gunner Jen in the tintop for the run up the A1.

Looking forward ti the Tann Hill run now!

Guest zoomzoom

Many thanks to everone for making us so welcome, we had a great weekend.

Sorry but we had to go home early after a phone call from her indoors about the shed moving around the garden in the high winds, which got me going as we dont have a shed!!!

so many thanks all and sorry for not saying goodbuy

see you all at the next one!!

:D

Guest craig030774

great to finally make a show and camp over hog roast was brill even got to see ian pre 8 am in boxer shorts :o walking around :D :D but had to buy air horns as josh said they would be very nice

keep it up team shame about the weather but knocked spots off other clubs :D

Guest sadjagboy

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the weekend. It was my first Hoodie event, but it won't be my last, Hopefully I can get my car finished in time for next year. It was great to see so many cars and talk to lots of people and get ideas and inspiration from them :D

Yet more thanks to those who organised gazebo and hog roast for us. Nice laid back show. Put faces to a few names. Next year I’m taking a baseball bat for the VW camper van crowd who camped (and partied) next to my tent! Even managed an almost clear run from Alfreton to Macclesfield via cat and fiddle on the way home- awesome. And averaged 34mpg. Casey Stoner’s Ducati still ringing in my ears from Donington on Saturday as well. Why can’t all weekends be like this? Brian

Sorry I couldn't make it in the hood - Definately valves I think . Replacement lump being sought.

Big thanks to Ian and Carole - the new big top was excellent. (When's the trapeze rig being installed. Also to Tim and Sue for continuing their involvement and piggy based organising.

Nice to see GBS fraternising with us as well.

Shame the weather wasn't better, but you can't have everything. I was a bit dissapointed with the show this year- probaly mainly due to the weather. It is normally one of my faves, but seemed poorly attended.

Cheers Lee

Guest Ian & Carole

In conversation they had said that they were expecting upwards of 200 !!

Having seen the convoy return from the "cruise" (highly illigal by the way) :o it wasn't far short .

Ian J :mellow:

DISGRACEFUL! - These are not Kit Cars and so shouldn't be eligible in my opinion. :p :spiteful:

Absolutely disgraceful and appalling!!! I wanted to have my photo taken with miss newark! We'll have to try harder next time ;)