Which Tin Top

Andi

Ok I know this is generalising and I know not all driver are the same but,

I seized the opportunity today due to good weather and went out for a brisk drive for a couple of hours down the

country roads of Leicestershire. Which was great.

The problem is getting there and back, I always seem to get an ass**** in a BMW wanting to race or cutting me up,

mostly as soon as there is a dual carrigeway (but not always)

I had 3 instances of this today and the last one was a guy well into his late 60`s.

We seem to have a total lack of boy racers in this city compared to others (probably the gloomy work prospects) but

the mid 30`s to middle aged chaps are the idiots round here, looking like sales reps in suits.

Jeez they are annoying.

Rant over.

So who is the "enemy" in your hood???

Cop cars. Just as you are giving it what for, one pops out of a hedge, with blues and twos, invading your rear view mirror like a rabbit on heat - so damned annoying.

Rant over

Tarmac terrorist.................

Guest peter2b2002

i love beemers, , i've got a cherry bomb silencer on my 2b , when leaving my local tesco car park i drive around a bit , blipping the throttle every time i pass one, sets thier alarm off every time, funny thing is , it only works on bmw's

peter2b :rolleyes:

I dont tend to take them on, i only have "spirited drives" with other members who i know there driving skills and limits, I WONT take on boy races just incase there skills dont match there bravado, i dont want to be in any way responsable for there demise,

i know my and my cars capabilites dont need to show anyone else,

Mitch

Guest Nigel Novice

Erm erm Hi hi m my name is Nigel and I I I'm a BMW driver, it has been 3 years since my last Ford, but I I n needed rear wheel drive again and my ickle 328 just happens fill the soft spot I have for flicking the tail out when so desired (allegedly) :rolleyes: spent 10 years on the short circuits perfecting technique B)

Want a rant try morons at roundabouts, it says give way to those from the right, that the ones on the bleeding circle not the old dear doing 20mph a quarter of a mile up the flaming highway <_< come on its not hard if 2 cars enter a roundabout at the same time they should leave it the same time, unless like I have seen, she missed the exit and reversed back to it :huh: yes you dear <_< pfft women.

Oh and I do use my indicators just to dispel the other myth about BMW drivers especially on roundabouts :rolleyes:

Guest Jabberwocky

Wow you are posh, aren't the indicator stalk was an optional extra on BMW's!?!?!

Things that scares me most in the Hood is the Wheel nuts on Buses and Lorries whizzing around at head height (this is especially good feeling on the motorway.

Little boys in Corsa/saxos/106's who think there cars are out of Fast and Furious. So have to dress and drive with one hand on the wheel like Vin Diesel.

Guest Dan_Beeston
unless like I have seen, she missed the exit and reversed back to it :huh:

I'm a Hood & BMW driver, and have to admit to reversing off a roundabout once

Although that was in the Hood, and was brought about by the Hood spontaneously swapping ends in the rain on the way home from Stoneleigh :p

Nothing to do with my right foot and the loud pedal, honest.........

Guest alan rowe

I do hate BMW drivers with avengance whether in my previous Hood, MNR, now Lotus or the good old Peugeot 407

If I'm being hassled from behind -- it's always a BMW

If somebody pulls out from a side turning with complete disregard to the flowing traffic -- it's a BMW

If there is a car in the outside lane who feels the own the lane and won't move over -- it's a BMW

If there is a car undertaking and then pulling out in front off everybody -- it's a bl....dy BMW

Get rid of them and the highways would be a hell of a lot more pleasant

I hate them

A

I've found that Audi is the new BMW. 1.9 TDi A4 drivers in particular who think they are in an RS4.

Oh and those flamin lorry drivers on the A14 that take 6 miles to overtake during the 'journey time trial' where no lorries are allowed to do this.

Robin

there is some idiot in a vw boring i meet quite often on the way into work who is weaving back and forth behind me and others to get ahead at any possible moment. I live in the forest of dean there isn't anywhere that important that he has to overtake at every possible moment!!!!

i'd like to see him in a ditch when he has to avoid a deer/sheep/cyclist/pedestrian/water/fallen tree that he hasn't ever considered would happen in a forest...

;)

Guest Dan_Beeston

It's a shame there's so much prejudice against BMW drivers. I have no particular allegence to any manufacturer, but when I was looking at old BMW's I was worried about being hated by everyone else on the road :)

I'm glad I ignored that though, as my 150k mile E39 does pretty much everything better than any other car I've owned (I've had a few!), and at no more money.

I think it's a shame as it keeps people out of one of the few remaining well engineerined, well-built, rear-drive cruisers.........

While it may be true that many dicks drive BMWs, not all BMWs are driven by dicks

Please don't hate me :ph34r:

Well I've got to agree with Robin, BMW's are so "last season" either that or the plonkers have had a pay rise and gone out and bought Audi's, but Audi drivers are so much more agressive and rude now-a-days.

As for the others, (If we need to pigeon-hole them)

Young people with Corsa's, or Clio's will often turn them upside down.

Divvy women will get side-swipped with HGV's because they like to drive alongside them, but not actually pass them.

Any French car will break down if theres a *Y* in the day.

Cars with Fuel computors will make their drivers use their brains next time, by running out of fuel when the computer says they still have 21 miles left in the tank.

All salesmen. As they believe that no-one else should be on the road to impead their way.

and the ones that I hate;.........anyone who doesn't have recovery!

(2nd thoughts, I do enjoy it when I hear them gasp when told their vehicle will be removed, and they'll only get it back after paying a costly sum,......... serves them right!!)

Forget BMW drivers...

The following people need removing from our roads...

People who think front fogs should always be on.. foggy or not.... do these p**** realise they may as well drive with their main beams on when its wet?

People who drive at 55mph or less on a motorway...... if you ain't got the balls don't play the game!

people who still persist on using mobile phones when they are driving................. i see so many vehicles which have bluetooth built in, being driven by nobs with phones stuck to their ears.

People who's cars look like they have been driven through halfords!

people who persist in using W**k*R lights on their cars!

Fiat and Alfa drivers....... many reasons behind this...

and many more.... if it wasn't for the fact im hungry and my dinner is staring at me..... i would continue