Which Tin Top

Andi

Guest Ian & Carole

Slightly off subject but I see Jim has gone from being "Hagar the Horrible" to being a "Womble" aaahhhhhh. :rolleyes:

Must be getting set for his up and coming 98th Birthday!!!! :o :o at Christmas, a time we all know as his favourite time of year.

I have been using the Hood as a daily driver for the past couple of months, and my pet hates at the moment are cars with HID headlights, not only coming towards you but inevitably I get someone in a big 4x4 close behind with the height of their lights you get blinded by your own rear view mirrors as well as sitting in a pool of light! :(

Guest pwlcarz

I'm currently driving a Saab 93. Lovely car, even if it is a re-badged Vectra. Quick, comfortable and relatively discrete.

It too is fitted with HID headlights. Problem is there's no manual adjustment for headlamp level. It's all automatic. When you turn the lights on they adjust to a pre-set level which does seem relatively high.

I believe this may be a standard feature on all HID units but may be corrected, so sorry Peter, it's not intentional that I blind you! :huh:

ooooh now then, headlamp aims.... yet another bug bear of mine..... people who just whack headlight bulbs in....... and in their lack of slight knowledge they put them in upside down... consequently...... they blind oncoming traffic and think the people coming in the opposite direction are flashing them because they know them. whilst im at it..... headlamp adjusters (incar) why dont people use them.... they fill their cars full of people, dogs, grannies, dvd screens and then the drive around blinding everybody else....... although not applicable to all vehicles i was always taught the easiest way to use the adjuster is... 1 = 1 passenger 2 = 2 passengers... so on and so fourth..

rant over... nuff said

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Fiat and Alfa drivers....... many reasons behind this...

That's actually quite unique, I've never heard anyone take issue with those marques before - So come on, what's the story? ^_^

All those people in their 'executive' cars, who clog up the outside lane bumper-to-bumper on every motorway in the country, whilst the inside and middle lane remain largely unoccupied - believing they and they alone have the God given right to occupy that lane, and perish the thought that they should ever move over for anyone else - it's these people who make driving nowadays so stressful and unsatisfying, and every long-distance journey a chore, and it's these people who should be taken off the roads......or at the very least given motorway driving lessons. :aggressive:

Fortunately, on the odd occasion I actually use the Hood, I find the vast majority of drivers, whatever car they drive, are generally courteous and give you plenty of room. It's just small van drivers who constantly want to race, dickheads!

P.S. I can confirm that BMW driving Dan Beeston is in fact a very nice man :D

All those people in their 'executive' cars......

Come to think of it, you could probably plot a graph of inconsiderate driving against engine capacity, or possibly cost of vehicle. (i.e. the bigger and more expensive the car, the more of a twat they usually are)

Guest Jabberwocky

Driving home tonight, I have realised another bug bare of mine. Why on earth do people drive along with there sat navs on in full day mode at night, when the whole cabin is light up like an xmas tree, Sat Navs have night modes for a reason. so as not to distract other people, and to keep the night vision of the driver..... grrrrr

Guest Jabberwocky
Come to think of it, you could probably plot a graph of inconsiderate driving against engine capacity, or possibly cost of vehicle. (i.e. the bigger and more expensive the car, the more of a twat they usually are)

I have always found Ferrari Drivers to be nice and considerate

fiat drivers are normally young fellas with baseball caps on, 3 kw of blue lighting and 1/2 a ton of plastic skirting add ons or young female drivers who fail to see the point in looking anywhere but straight out of the windscreen... especially when pulling out of junctions.

Alfa drivers seem to think because their car comes pretty much out of the same stable as a ferrari... they own one..... alas, in my opinion a ferrari is a horse.. which shares its stable with quite a few piles of S.... ^_^ (fiat, alfa, mazzies) Although the ferrari 360 is a god awfull car to drive!

gotta say, i do disagree with the "the bigger and more expensive the car, the more of a twat they usually are" I used to drive a 3.0 s-type jag, a rangey sport 2.7d and numerous other big cars, i was always considerate..... must admit tho, the wife had a discovery td5...... blimey she was mad behind the wheel when the rugrats were not in there.

• 2 months later...

Eastern european HGV drivers attempting to wipe out every car they see on a roundabout. Once or twice a week on my to work, the access road from the local ferry port will have at least one, sometimes two or three, PL, CZ, LIT, LAT, EST, HUN CRO etc plated hgv's just pulling out into the traffic flowing around a roundabout from their right. How no -one has yet been injured or worse I don't know.

Uninsured, untaxed, unmot'd, unregistered, underaged, speeding, under the influence drivers (foreign or not). Got hit in the rear (plenty of padding there, so no real damage :D but still cost £150 excess :aggressive: ) a few years ago by one of these little t***s. Turned out he was refugee in a car we (tax payers) had paid for who couldn't speak more than 10 words of the Queens finest. Officer on the scene was a good as gold, they saw this all the time. T***tty was arrested and I asked the officer what would happen now. He explained t***tty would be charged, held for the maximum time and released on bail etc and that would be the last they saw of him. If it was me however, then i'd get a custodial, huge fine etc etc.

Oh and the muppets in their 1200cc Corsa's, Saxo's etc with the brains of a peanut and the driving skills to match.

Idiots driving with the obligatory phone pressed to the ear, applying make up, changing shirts (see previous post a few years ago), and general disregard for the road / weather conditions and also disregard for other road users also gets my goat going.

Oh, and not acknowledging when you give way really cheeses me off too. Manners cost nothing after all.

Al