Anti Freeze

Peter Bell

My hood is currently living outside and in the recent cold spell I thought, I can’t remember if there is any antifreeze in it, so I went to the a supermarket in the evening and bought a litre. Drained off some coolant and poured in my new purchase. I thought it looked a bit strange so I read the instructions. It turns out to be ready mixed antifreeze! What on earth is that all about! Why would anyone want to buy pre diluted antifreeze? If you were filling it up from empty then you would need to buy loads of containers, cart them all home then fill the system,. It would save you running the water tap I suppose and you will end up lots of plastic bottles, hardly eco-friendly. What will be next? bathwater with soap already added! Freeze dried water, just add water to get that authentic water taste!

Pass me the medicine Nigel.

another way of making money from you, halfords sell 5 ltr packs of ready mixed screen wash, which is twice the price of non diluted 1lt pack which make twice as much??

you can already buy freeze dried water too, its called ice, LOL

Mitch

My hood is currently living outside and in the recent cold spell I thought, I can’t remember if there is any antifreeze in it, so I went to the a supermarket in the evening and bought a litre. Drained off some coolant and poured in my new purchase. I thought it looked a bit strange so I read the instructions. It turns out to be ready mixed antifreeze! What on earth is that all about! Why would anyone want to buy pre diluted antifreeze? If you were filling it up from empty then you would need to buy loads of containers, cart them all home then fill the system,. It would save you running the water tap I suppose and you will end up lots of plastic bottles, hardly eco-friendly. What will be next? bathwater with soap already added! Freeze dried water, just add water to get that authentic water taste!

Pass me the medicine Nigel.

PML.

Did you go for girly pink or "well 'ard" blue? :D

You could be on something with the water idea or what about:

"Socks. Buy one, get one free"

"Hair cut, while you wait"

or even

"Gordon Browns fiscal rules"

Guest robinj66

Peter - it's all a gimmick for girlie's like my wife - she even buys ready mixed screenwash :blush: and no amount of grumbling (explanation?) as to why this is waste of money etc will make a difference.

Guest salty_monk

It appeals to people's sense of laziness I guess (& the fact that a lot of people probably don't realise how easy it is or how "accurate" you have to be with your measuring).

Dan :)

There are many products that have been ripping us off for years by adding the magic water

Mainly the difference between industrial and household strength products is just water

Washing up liquid, masonry cleaner, pesticides, weed killers and hair products to name a few.

Then there`s the foodstuffs like bacon, chicken, pork and even.....beer.