Should I Re-join?

Guest 2bsprint

Guest 2bsprint

Yes, I am a lapsed member trying to decide whether I should re-join

My membership lapsed this year, when all the changes happened to the club, now I am questioning whether being a member is beneficial to me

So what do I get for membership?

- a magazine which I think comes out quarterly, which the first one didn't appear until July

- area meets which are just over 30 miles away and I never quite sure are happening or not (as I have turned up to find no one else there)

What does everyone else think?

GD

Edited by 2bsprint

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown
Yes, I am a lapsed member trying to decide whether I should re-join

My membership lapsed this year, when all the changes happened to the club, now I am questioning whether being a member is beneficial to me

So what do I get for membership?

- a magazine which I think comes out quarterly, which the first one didn't appear until July

- area meets which are just over 30 miles away and I never quite sure are happening or not (as I have turned up to find no one else there)

What does everyone else think?

GD

Discount on insurance more than covers the cost of membership

Access to members only parts of this forum

Plus lots of weekends out

What more do you want?

Guest 2bsprint
all i can do is echo what chris says and add if you want more from your area get involved and help your area sec if thats whats needed. Like life you get out what you put in.

during the time I was a member there has been three or four area secs, and various period when the position was vacant. While Neil, then Duncan, were the area secs I did help out where and when I could. however work and other commitment prevented me from doing more than I did.

I don't even know who the area sec suppose to be now

Guest Ian & Carole

If £15.00 is that important to you then don't bother.

You know that you get more than that back through insurance discount.

Yes I agree the mag has been rather lacking this year but with a new editor and renewed enthusiasum of both the commitee and MOST of the members it seem that we are in a turn around and going from strength to strength.

Your money your choice.

Glynn

just to answer your questions - yes you get 'regular' magazines as part of your membership. Unfortunately these have been disrupted this year due to a change in the committee and also lack of content - the content comes from the members, ie you, if we dont receive any content we cant produce a magazine, so if you or anybody has any tips, information or advice to pass on please contact the mag editor using the link in the news section of this website.

Area meets - Staffs area still meet at the Darlaston Inn in Stone, usually on the first Tuesday of the month, but this month we are meeting on the 9th for xmas meal (see link at bottom of community page), I have been the area sec since late 2007 and travel 45 miles each way to this meet except when on night shift, however I think I will stand down in the new year as I have enough on my plate being club chairman.

News of the meets is usually posted on the forum and I email all members whose addresses I have beforehand.

What else do you get for your £15?- between 10 and 20% off insurance for being a member, full access to the rhocar site to place adds etc, a warm welcome at shows, some food provided at shows, a hog roast, 2 excellent value track days a year, discounted or free entry at some events the club attends, people generally feel more inclined to help you out, plus the sense of belonging to the best club out there.

Nobody is going to force you, but hopefully your cheque or paypal payment wil come thru in the near future :D

Steve

I'm pretty sure there is a Derby meet at Walton on Trent, last Sunday of the month? Its not a well publicised meet but I'm sure it still occurs - can anyone else advise?

I don't live far from Barton under Needwood (in fact my family come from Main St) and I travel over to the Leicester meet which is about 25 miles - a little more for you.

I still think the club's great value, and pays for itself as others have said, and its worth £15 if you get one good run out or event during the year, there's plenty going on in the general area now.

Andy

Guest 2bsprint
If £15.00 is that important to you then don't bother.

You know that you get more than that back through insurance discount.

Yes I agree the mag has been rather lacking this year but with a new editor and renewed enthusiasum of both the commitee and MOST of the members it seem that we are in a turn around and going from strength to strength.

Your money your choice.

Money isn't the issue. I want be a member to participate activities and feel a part of a group, feel like you know what's going on. I don't normally use the forum because I stare at a computer all day and it is not what I want to do in the evening as well

The sound of weekends away sound good, I do a couple of Triumph camping weekends a year and they can be really good fun

The thing I have out of the last post is there is a renewed enthusiasum and not that I will make the money back though an insurance discount. so may be I will rejoin, hmmm

Guest 2bsprint
I'm pretty sure there is a Derby meet at Walton on Trent, last Sunday of the month? Its not a well publicised meet but I'm sure it still occurs - can anyone else advise?

I don't live far from Barton under Needwood (in fact my family come from Main St) and I travel over to the Leicester meet which is about 25 miles - a little more for you.

I still think the club's great value, and pays for itself as others have said, and its worth £15 if you get one good run out or event during the year, there's plenty going on in the general area now.

Andy

Wow, I never knew that there was a meet at Walton on Trent! I did go to one near the Toyota island on the A38 but that seemed to disapear off the meets list. Maybe the Leicester meet could be worth a go in the new year, since I work in Warwickshire

in a world that increasingly individual, and socially isolating its nice to feel a part of something.

its possible to work from home, livings miles away from any of your colleagues, shop from home, interact remotely in cyber space, and be almost totally unattached to the locality in which you actually live.

the 15 quid is worth it for me and it makes me feel that i'm a real bonefide member of national network of like minded people who are prepared to help each other out, and alocal network of people who you may well find live just at the end of your street.

and i kind of like that. given that its only fifteen quid a year, i almost think you need a reason not to join rather than the other way around.

You be a smarter investor

At the Robin Hood Leicester :good:

LOL!

To be honest as with any club, your get as much as you put in to it. Go meet other hoods at home calls, help them out with there car, get them to come to you and help you out, then write a story for the mag. Or sit at home doing nothing and saying that it's not worth the time/effort (Which remindes me, I should do a bit on the local hoodies visit for the Air show)

As a member of north staffs, would say it's £15 well spent, with all the help and advice thats that i've had over the last two years, plus you meet some great people, all price of half a tank of petrol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!