Barkston Heath 18th July 2009

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

Malcolm Mathews Stewart Mathews (2nd driver for Malcolm Mathews)

Please note, you are now on the main list, dig out your cheque books

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Walton

Ed West, Tony Kitchener, James Kitchener (2nd driver for Tony Kitchener)

Please note, you are all now on the main list, raid the piggy bank

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest John Walton

TWO SPACES LEFT FOR BARKSTON, AS KEVIN BOOTH AND BOB TUCKER HAVE PULLED OUT.

FIRST TWO PEOPLE TO RESPOND GET THE PLACES.

WHOEVER DOES RESPOND I WILL NEED A CHEQUE FROM YOU SHARPISH

I am presently booked for Barkstone, but the front UJ on the RHE propshaft has just cried "enough" and wiped out the rear gearbox oil seal......I'm hoping it hasnt taken anything else with it.

So I cant make Barkstone either.....I have decided to get a new tougher prop made & its likley to take too long, so Ive decided to give up my place.....

Any one want No. 1????

John W is the contact point if anyones interested...

Bob

Sorry to hear that Bob. That extra power proved too much for it I guess. I would imagine you want to have a good look at the rear end of the gearbox to check the case and output shaft/bearing for damage. Must have been a bit violent to have killed the oil seal. When did it let go? At speed? Bet the sphincters puckered up a tad!

Are you sure it means missing Barkstone? There must be a chance of getting a new prop made in the next few days?

Nigel

Hiya,

well the Vette is taking up a lot of my time right now, plus Ray & I have to go over to Spain for a week before the 25th July to see our solicitor & visit the local Town hall re. transferring ownership of a villa from our Dad to us...they've done absolutely nothing in 18 months...!!!

I think the problem is that I had to move the XE about 3/4 inch forward from the Pinto location, & that left about 1 & 1/4 inches of the prop spline between the end of the box & the UJ.

Theres no apparent damage, I smelt gearbox oil right after a "high speed" run over about 6 miles when I felt a new vibration, so I checked the seal & propshaft as soon as I got back for any sign of an oil leak. The prop rocks up & down, just a little, but it may have damaged the oil seal.....or I could have caught it when I fitted the engine & box. So to be on the safe side, Im having a slightly longer heavy duty prop made up, with all new parts, & taking out the engine & box to have a good check while its being made.

I dont want to rush it & just hope its all OK, theres too much money tied up in it now.

I also had to cancel the RR session I had booked for tomorrow, so the final HP figure is still unknown. :D But soon....soon....

Dan, you need to contact John Walton for the place....I'm sure we'd all like to see a real Lotus at Barkstone.

Cheers, Bob

Just phoned woodlandwater to book a pitch,But the Royal Enfield club have booked the whole place up.

Just a few electric pitchs left. Is there any where else local ?

Cheers

Steve

Guest John Walton

NG32 2DQ

Do a search for camping sites using the postcode above.

If all else fails I think the Anglia Motel in Long Sutton has camping pitches but that is a 40 drive from Barkston