Barkston Heath 18th July 2009

Guest John Walton

Guest Ace Fettler

Hi John,

Could you please add the "Bristol Massive" to the list that is: Barrie "Hedgewise" Liles, Matt "I'll give it a go" Wingrave, Steve "fuller figured" Ling and myself to the list with Pete "Schumi" Spiller as a 2nd driver in my car.

Not sure about Andy "Tother way up" Rowles yet but will let you know soon as.

Regards,

Richard Hanks

YOUR IN :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ace Fettler

John,

Andy "Tother way up" Rowles is going to have another attempt at keeping it rubber side down :D . Grateful if you could add him to the list.

Richard

Andy Added :D

Guest John Walton

The provisional list for Barkston is now full.

As people often dont always get a 'pink pass' and may drop out, I will be running a reserve list for those interested.

Guest charlie
The list for Barkston is now full. Given that people on the main list often cant make it I will be running a reserve list for those interested.

This post will continue to be updated as more information becomes available

18th July 2009

This date has been chosen as it is after LeMan and well before any other large show event or school holidays. So, your excuses for staying away are limited. :yahoo:

It is also the only track event the club is planning this year, so lets make it a fun weekend with goods numbers attending.

Here we go again for RHOCAR's yearly loonfest at Barkston Heath.

For those that have not been before.................why not? :nea:

For those that have been...you can tell those that have not just how much fun it is possible to have with your clothes on :lol:

Cost, required numbers for car and clothing required to follow but it is highly likely to follow the same format as previous years.

The day will be run at as close to cost as possible. So, we are given a price by the RAFMSA and this is then divided by a minimum of 30 drivers. This number enables the club to keep the costs for drivers down and still pay our bills.

For those that don't know.

Barkston Heath is a sprint track operated by the Royal Air Force Motorsports Association.

It is located 5 miles form Grantham In Lincolnshire.

It is located 15 miles from Sleaford in Lincolnshire.

The track has an excellent surface and safety is covered by two dedicated emergency vehicles supplied and crewed by the RAFMSA's own Motorsport Medical and Recovery/Rescue crews.

If any of you have been to Curburough, this place is 10 times better.

Kit List

1 x seviceable motor car, it does not need to taxed, MOT'd or SVA, but must be suitable for use ie, it should be able to pass an MOT. Use common sense. ie if your head pokes above the roll bar it will not be ideal shouls something orrible appens!!

1 x crash helmet, full face prefered. It does not have to be race spec' Lidls and the like do helmets very cheap, presuming of course you have a cheap head.

1 x pair of overalls. These do not have to be race spec' but they do as a mimimum have to be 100% cotton, clean and serviceable. Welders overals are good for this, or follow the link for a real value for money pair.

HT Hughes Overalls

HT Hughes 100% Cotton Overalls Race Stylie

Gloves and shoes are up to you, they are not on the list of requirements.

You will also need numbers on each side or your car.

These will need to be 9" in height. Print them on your PC at home.

Gaffer/Electrical tape to make up numbers is no longer to be used. Apart from attaching the numbers.

Camping

Camping can be found at Woodland Waters camp site, 1 mile from Barkston Heath. Good camp site, proper toilets and showers + a bar and resteraunt on site, good food and beer at reasonable prices.

Woodland Waters Camping

Petrol Staion 500 yards from Woodland Waters. Ask Barry Lilles the way (yep, same gag at Mr Liles expense again)

The 'Bristol Massive'

The hardy souls normally camp on the Friday night for there 'pre-race preperations'.

It is a damn good social evening, beer and a bit of a BBQ and baiting.

Note Barry 'The Hedge' Lilles not to be allowed to drink is now allowed to drink again due to no hedge or ditch visits in May.

Due to insurance and that is a track day, timing is not allowed.

However, you will be marked for style

Due to the methods involved and the technical limitations of the equipment, your 'style' points can only be represented in minutes, seconds and tenths.

You will need those 9" numbers to be identified.

This will be a top day out, camp on the Friday evening to make it even better, using traditional Hoody logic, we dont care what you drive but have a sense of humour and bring some beer and food on Friday night.

Book Today, do not delay

We need 35 drivers per event to do this at a cheap as chips price for our members.

If we get 35 drivers per event the cost per driver is around the £55 mark with second drivers at £40

Bring the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/son/daughter/mate along as a second driver.

The fewer drivers we get, the more it is going to cost those going, simple really.

Any problems or queries contact me.

So, initially, let shave a show of hands to gauge the interest and I will take it from there. :p

Could you please add the "Bristol Massive" to the list that is: Barrie "Hedgewise" Liles, Matt "I'll give it a go" Wingrave, Steve "fuller figured" Ling and myself to the list with Pete "Schumi" Spiller as a 2nd driver in my car.

1 Bob Tucker

2 Steve Gresty

3 Nigel Thurston

4 Pete Sanderson

5 Michael Sanderson

6 Dave Rose

7 Marcus Curran

8 Carl Bettinson

9 Sean Egan

10 Robin Sanderson

11 Charlie Mathers

12 Rob West

13 Paul Carter

14 Harry Ross (2nd driver for Carl Bettison)

15 Kevin Booth

16 Alan Day

17 Barrie Liles

18 Matt Wingrave

19 Steve Ling

20 Richard Hanks

21 Pete Spiller (2nd driver for Richard Hanks)

22 Andy Rowles

23 Mike Bloomfield

24 Tim Clarke

25 Chris Clarke

26 Tom Hayden

27 Peter Shemilt (2nd driver for Tom Hayden)

28 Dave Castle

29 Paul Castle

30 Ken Brough

31 Marc Brough (2nd driver for Ken Brough)

32 Dan Elliot

33 Danny Hassan

34 Graham Coles

35 Matt Gee (2nd driver for Robin Sanderson

36 Andy Elliot (2nd driver for Dan Elliot)

Reserve List

1 Duncan Hibbert

2 Steve Allen

Can you add my name to the list please john? plus my brother 2/nd driver and a new member (membership in the post!)

so that`s me Malcolm Mathews (charlie) 2 drivers and Ed West brother of Rob West already on the list.= 2 cars 3 drivers

Cheers , Malcolm Southern hoods.

ALL TREE ADDED TO THE RESERVE LIST :D