Google Earth

Guest sritony

Guest sritony

I love Google Earth I think its the best thing ever and street view is just lots of fun.

Download it if you ain't got it you will spend hours on it!

Just wondering if anyones has thier kit car on google earth or street view or spotted one when been looking around?

Guest Ian Marr

Followed the Google car taking pictures the other day was two or three cars back (despite my failed attempts to overtake!) went right past home, but nothing yet

My Tin Top is on there but the S7 is hideing under cover, it looks like the pic was taken in the summer of last year , i wonder how often they update them pics, if they take more this year it will definately show up.

Mike

Guest Ian & Carole

The last time I looked at our house it showed the old caravan and the Toyota rav4 we had changed two years previously.

How often is it updated???

ian: i know the sheffield area has been updated very recently, i don't know how far that streches.

My car is on microsoft live, both at my house and my old work!

Just had a look for the Avro Lancaster the City of Lincoln & its non flying sister Just Jane but both not visible, but there is a Vulcan Bomber in camo parked up together with a gaggle of AWAC's.

Mike

Guest TerryBarry

I think our local area was photographed about 2 years ago.

My drive has 3 cars on it and I cannot identify anyone of them - just too vague :wacko:

It's at least 2 years since the view of my house was updated, however the Lancaster bomber flying over Huntingdon (BBMF, not a fake) has gone (flown away?) so that has been updated recently. The thing that really suprised me while "flying" over the English country side is the huge number of airfield that still exist. Some where never given back to the farmers post war and some look like they are decaying rapidly and will become fields again soon by themselves.

Guest sritony

I think it depends where you live, because my house is really out of date, but since my car sits in the garage I will never see it :(.... not sure why people see it as a invaision of privacy I just find lots of fun stuff, never realised how many as previous posts said airfields there is, lakes etc its very impressive and plan all my journeys on it too!

Going to have a look at a caterham factory later, there is a website called google earth hacks that has links to basically everything from every race circuit in the world, funny things, sports cars, aeroplanes in flight etc!

Guest sritony

wow thats a cool spot with the red arrows

just tried checking out the caterham "factorys" and the Robin hood one in newark but no cars sitting outside unless I am been blind :(

heres the reason my car will never go on track day cuz i'll end up like this fella

52°30'58.79"N

0°39'35.47"W

Now I'm not saying it is but this is the car park at work and this the parking slot I use when I have been to work in the Hood. This is the sad bit, I could see it from my desk.

52°59'14.51"N 1°12'20.77"W