Taken Kit Out For First Spin (literally)

Guest mac801123

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Mike you've made a proper mess of that one. I guess the bend in the railings is where the drivers cockpit side hit it, lucky the railings missed you, the bonnet came off with the impact and the rear wheel was ripped off by the dirt and wall. Can see the rear spring and drive shaft, not sure what the part is between nosecone and bonnet.

Did anybody stop to help, must have looked pretty spectacular.

Guest craig030774

bloody hell mate you where lucky i saw a westfield come a cropper and they not as strong with 1" box section chassis at least you walked away and it can be replaced / repaired

Guest mac801123
well Mike you've made a proper mess of that one. I guess the bend in the railings is where the drivers cockpit side hit it, lucky the railings missed you, the bonnet came off with the impact and the rear wheel was ripped off by the dirt and wall. Can see the rear spring and drive shaft, not sure what the part is between nosecone and bonnet.

Did anybody stop to help, must have looked pretty spectacular.

Hi Steve :hi:

The spring is the front drivers side, the rear is still attached!! The drive shaft is broken and the hub and bushes are still attached to the wheel ( the bushes were attached to the wishbones).

The parts between the bonnet and noes are the front number plate and I think the other part is a part I fitted under the chassis just in front of the engine.

The fuel cut off switch I fitted worked really well and shut the car down..

The rear panel was hit but the fuel tank (as far as I could see) is untouched.

When I get the car back I'll fill you all in as to what has been damaged..

If the car did hit the railings as you said that would explain the odd shape in the railings and the bump on the head I got..

The car right behined me stoped and helped (then took pics), When the police asked him if I was driving like a mad man he said "no, he over took us then the rear spun out and he could'nt do anything to stop it"

Most of the people I know in salisbury eather seen it or was told what happend :blush: and at the local shop they heard I was in hospital with broken legs and allsorts (funny how things get blown out of proportion) still have a bad hip and sore back and a bit of a limp.

Thanks Mike :good:

Guest mac801123
looks like you did a bit of a job on it , glad your ok .

is it the green thats done it ?????

not a lucky colour .

Hi gdc :hi:

Thanks for that! lol

I supose the colour is only use to being on 2 wheel bikes! LOL :p

Mike :good:

Hi gdc :hi:

Thanks for that! lol

I supose the colour is only use to being on 2 wheel bikes! LOL :p

Mike :good:

One of my first cars was a green Fiat X19 (i had saved for a long time to get it) which I managed to roll over and over and over. Effectivly writing it off after 9 days ownership.

My highly superstitious mom said it was becuase green is an unlucky colour, which was not what I wanted to hear at the time.

Anyways turns out that that particular superstition comes from when early wallpapers when dyed green, caused lots of illness and bad luck...

This was due to arsenic impregnated into the wallpaper.. :o

Green looks great.. rebuild

Guest old_timbo

Rather disconcerting that you should have such a big one when you weren't misbehaving. Did you check wheel alignment after the build? Toe out at the rear could have made things a bit unstable.

Tim

Guest mac801123
Rather disconcerting that you should have such a big one when you weren't misbehaving. Did you check wheel alignment after the build? Toe out at the rear could have made things a bit unstable.

Tim

Hi Tim :hi:

I don't think you can adjust the rears...

I drove the car to the test centre for retest in a storm and didn't crash :blink:

So I don't think the wheels are set wrong..

Many thanks Mike. :good: