2nd Hand Fuel Tank Leaks!

speedtripledan

I,m proper pee'd off, just recently bought a 2nd hand fuel tank (RH stainless) not used or at least you could not smell petrol having ever been in it and practicaly every seem leaks :fool:

Any suggestions where i can get another from. car would have been back on its wheels and running today if not for this :(

ally fab must be fairly close to you?

AllyFab

Bryn Jones

86 The Hill

Glapwell

Chesterfield

Derbyshire

S44 5LZ

# Tel

01246 855185

# Fax

01246 855185

# Mobile

0774 397 6937

# E-Mail

Sales@AllyFab.co.uk

Guest Ian Marr

I 'm going to ring Allyfab on Monday to price up the one Joel designed and they built. They may do a deal if we order both together - especially if same design. PM me if interested. B)

You could just put in some tank sealer. I welded up my own tank and made sure it didn't leak and then added some tank sealer to be sure. Its normally a 2 part epoxy sealer. I bought some from a motorcycle shop as i only have a small tank. cost about £15.

hth

When I picked up my 2B from RHE the guy who was wheeling the trolley out made this comment as he handed me the tank, "fill it with water before you fit it as they are known to leak sometimes!", to be fair he did add to that the fact they would swap it without question if that was the case! You'd have thought they would have tested them BEFORE they gave them to punters!

• 2 weeks later...