Opinions

Guest mcramsay

Guest Noddy006

Hi

It is difficult to see from the angle of the photos but at my IVA I was told it was necessary to be able to see repeaters from the rear. I ended up fitting led repeaters on the very top of the front wing and the indicators are on stalks each side of the nose. I guess someone will be able to advise about angles of visibility from the IVA manual. HTH Ian H

Guest kleighton

I think the front indicator need to be 400mm from the outer edge of the car. I think there are height and seperation limits too. This might help:

http://westfield-world.com/svalights_front.html

You might be alright with the additional smaller side repeater on the edge of the wing. I just had led repeaters on the top of the cycle wing as already mentioned, and appeared to be ok, nothing was mentioned on my fail list anyway.

Cheers

Keith

Guest loopyonion

Front indicators need to be 400mm from the outer edge, measured to the indicator housing. They also have to be visible from 45 degrees L + R from its origin, in a horizontal plane. Make sure you fit them far enough to the front of the nosecone :)

Front indicators need to be 400mm from the outer edge,
I could misunderstand that. 400mm is the maximum distance front indicators can be from the edge of the vehicle. No minimum distance from side of vehicle is given so they can be anywhere from 1mm to 400mm from the edge of the vehicle. I would still check with your local IVA man that mounting the front indicator on the movable mudguard is acceptable. (It was for SVA and was testable with the steering in the straight ahead position only.)

The side indicator must be visible from the rear of the car from 5degrees out from the side to 60 degrees out from the side and from 5 degrees below the lamp to 15 degrees above (if it's mounted less than 750mm above the ground.) It doesn't have to be visible through any other range. It doesn't have to show any light in a forward direction. In theory if you were standing 10 metres to the side of the car level with the side repeater no indicator lights would be visible to you! In practice most lights exceed their minimum angles of view.

Nigel

post-21-127599046385_thumb.jpg