Custom Roof?

Guest sherman0251

Guest sherman0251

Hi im new to this site although ive had a robinhood for around 5 years now! Im lookin for a bit of advice. I have the robinhood exmo and am looking to have a canvas roof fitted as im sick of driving home in the rain :-(

Can standard roofs be bought or do they have to be made specially to suit my car? How much do they cost?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ian

Hi Sherman

Robin Hood do a Weather Kit which I assume fits the Exmo but you might like to join the club and then you can post a wanted ad on this forum.

(ps. It pays for itself on the insurance saving alone ;) )

Guest sherman0251

Hi Sherman

Robin Hood do a Weather Kit which I assume fits the Exmo but you might like to join the club and then you can post a wanted ad on this forum.

(ps. It pays for itself on the insurance saving alone ;) )

Thanks I will look into that then!

The simplest solution is a surrey top...with sidescreens that will keep out 90% of the rain....you can make your own or there are some companies/individuals who will make you one up. They fit to the windscreen with poppers, fit over the roll bar (or a separate roof hoop) and have tensioning tapes to the rear of the car. Mine is made from material from a sail maker who uses it for boat covers, so its UVA proof, other are from rip stop nylon, kite material. They fold/roll up really small so are easy to cary all the time. Search for "surrey or surry" on this site.

HTH Bob

The simplest solution is a surrey top...with sidescreens that will keep out 90% of the rain....you can make your own or there are some companies/individuals who will make you one up. They fit to the windscreen with poppers, fit over the roll bar (or a separate roof hoop) and have tensioning tapes to the rear of the car. Mine is made from material from a sail maker who uses it for boat covers, so its UVA proof, other are from rip stop nylon, kite material. They fold/roll up really small so are easy to cary all the time. Search for "surrey or surry" on this site.

HTH Bob

Guest sherman0251

HTH Bob

Thanks Bob

I have had a look for these surrey tops but cant seen to find them! Ive looked online too but no luck, can you point me in the right direction??

Cheers

Best to take measurements, windscreen width, distance back to roll bar, roll bar to fixing points for the tensioning straps.

Kit car shows start in May that's where a lot of stuff like this can be found.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the wet weather kit from GBS a couple of years ago and it said for 2B on the bag it came in. The roof fits well but I had to shape the side screens quite a lot. I also had to mod the windscreen support posts, but I dont think mine are standard as they are laser cut with a 7 in them.

I used mine right through winter 2009/10 and in the snow/ice and it kept me dry but very hot!

• 9 months later...
Guest jacques.vins

I know its a while since this topic was listed , but was keen to know if you found a good solution that you could recommend.

Any advice would be most appreciated - have an EXMO that I would like to drive, even if its rains, PLUS I would like to be able to get in and out the car with the top up...

Many thanks,

Jacques.

07553 485 183

jacques.vins@yahoo.com

Here are a few pics of our "Surrey" made from tent material & rods Bought from B&Q for £7 with the ground sheet also modified for a night cover. This keeps all the rain out unless it's blowing a gale across the car & us old sods can still get in & out O.K.post-3135-0-44975700-1326053854_thumb.jpgpost-3135-0-16423900-1326053866_thumb.jpgpost-3135-0-16714800-1326053888_thumb.jpg

Phil Shelton and Andy Farrow made a simple mock up of a surrey with a Union flag (only Union Jack if its on a boat dont you know)

Im sure Phil has some piccys... Not sure if it is water proof or just a sun shade though :crazy: