Pinto Sump Modification?

Guest motokustom

Guest motokustom

Hi I am after some advice please.... My sump on my 2 litre PINTO sticks out lower than the tubes on the bottom of my 2B chassis,(The curved chassis that looks like a sump protector!) I have read that there is a shortened sump available and now wonder if the last owner just used the standard sump? To me it certainly looks standard and indeed I have scraped it just by the sump plug!

Assuming it is the case that I need the correct adapted sump any ideas where I might obtain one? Is a separate oil bottle and pump etc a better system? I realise the obvious benefits and associated cost but is it really a neccessary upgrade for mainly road use with the odd track day thrown in?

The very obvious benefits of a shorter sump are better ground clearance but does it affect the lubrication at all? I assume the strainer etc has also got to be modified...? Appreciate any replies and help in this area.

shortend sump is a must on a 2b, take to level with bell housing and put 3mm plate on the bottom, mine was kindly made for me by friend, there are no adverse effects as long as you don't reduce the capacity. they come up for sale every now and then and i think someone on here was making them on here for a price..

Almost no such thing as a standard pinto sump.

The sump should come with a matching oil pick up pipe.

I have seen 7 variations from Uncle Henry and the shortest one was fitted to a Transit with yards of ground clearance.

Short dumps come up for sale here and there, I just sold one.

The NW hoodies "How to" is the standard pattern another option is to build the lost capacity forward, depends on car model.

An off the shelf solution is an RS2000 sump and pickup, most are sold without pickup on eBay, the pickups are £64 from Burtons, sumps are £120+ on eBay

Edited by Snapperpaul