Wheel Spacers

maccavvy

Hubcentric guarantee you a perfect fit.

If you're using 4-stud Ford hubs you'll need 4x108 PCD.

Anything thicker than 5mm will mean longer studs.

Simple to replace - knock the old ones out with a lump hammer and wind the new ones in with a breaker bar, using an old wheel nut & a pile of washers (although a jack hammer makes life easier - try your local garage or tyre place if you don't have one).

If you're interested, I've got a pair of 15mm hubcentric 4x108 that are surplus to requrements. Both unused, although one has scratch marks around the holes where it's been used to wind in new wheel studs! £20 plus postage at cost if you're interested (pm me).

Guest mower man

Why do you want/need spacers ? I would not advise or use any thing above 6mm thick its not the studs you load up as much as the w/bearings leading to early failure!! My ops only others may not agree mower man :good:

Mick, used standard Ford wheels with Et35 offset so rear tyre rubbed bodywork on drivers side plus have rear cycle wings mounted on hubs; this makes for only an extra 5mm over RH supplied wheels. Hopefully our wheels will stay on our wagon.

My rear wheels fit too far inside the rear arches.

Ive got 10mm hubcentric on my bmw to clear my 4 pots,been on over 12 months with no issues.

But wondered on the stud size and any recommendations really

I'm running 20mm spacers all round, linger studs fitted, don't use air guns to pull the studs throughi only used the gun on 2 studs, both goosed up, stick to a breaker bar.

To help with confidance with my statement, I have never lost a wheel off this car yet ;)

To help with confidance with my statement, I have never lost a wheel off this car yet ;)

No spacers for me then... :rofl: .got a contact for some as it happens. what diameter/thread stud do i need. ?

Why do you want/need spacers ? I would not advise or use any thing above 6mm thick its not the studs you load up as much as the w/bearings leading to early failure!! My ops only others may not agree mower man :good:

whilst i would agree on a standard car, on a 7 the bearings etc have a huge amount of weight removed compared to being on the seirra! so loading back up a little still must be well under the original design? no?

saw 6inch!!! spacers on london chopshop programme amazed it didn't just snap the bolts holding the wheels on glad i ain't driving it

Guest mower man

I just dont like spacers ,I take the point about weight differences but have seen lots of bearing failures with anything above 6/8mm especialy with sticky tyres ,each to his own after all there are plenty of wheel otions around mower man :good:

I just dont like spacers ,I take the point about weight differences but have seen lots of bearing failures with anything above 6/8mm especialy with sticky tyres ,each to his own after all there are plenty of wheel otions around mower man :good:

Mick,do you agree though with my thoughts " ET 35 wheels changed for ET15 therefore 25mm spacers is only increasing the offset by 5mm (over the RH supplied wheels) & it's narrower rubber road tyres. :sorry:

Guest mower man

Yes I'd go with that certainly but I still don't like spacers as a personal out look . I wondered why ? you had tyre/body probs one side ? only being nosey ! I run 6.5 x15 's with 205 x50 tyres ,from memory et 38 no probs both clearance and looks ,they fill the arches nicely. Each to his own as said so long as its safe regards mower man [mick ] :good: :clapping:

You're right there, drivers side is closer to wheel by 20mm & it didn't matter how much I checked the triangulation & parallelism to front wheels/centre-line the back end had to be left to the left by 10mm giving the 20 mm difference, & ET15 wouldn't fit let alone clear.