Gbs Zero St170

Guest dinger

Guest dinger

The Time has come to put my car up for sale to raise funds to go motor racing,

Most people will know the spec of the car but for those that dont,,,,,,

Built in 2010/2011, Passed IVA first time in March of 2011.

Kawazaki Green/Alluminium (currently have Matt black wrap over alluminium)

ST170 Engine running Dunnel throttle bodies (port matched to inlet)

Remote oil filter and oil cooler using aeroquip lines

Oil catch tank retaining std ford crankcase seperator using aeroquip lines

Shortened baffled sump with windage tray for extra ptotection

I spent alot of time and money on getting the right ECU for the engine that will controll the VVT cams correctly, Most ST170 engines are controlled via the gear change light switching circiut which gives a poor transition between cam timing.

My ECU gives a smooth power curve with 160lb torque at just 2500 rpm, With progressive power all the way upto the rev limit at 7200 rpm,

Specific ST170 exhaust manifold, You can use the Zetec ones but the exhaust ports are lot bigger, I had this one made from mild steel as stainless is too brittle and can crack, It is ceramic coated to keep engine bay temps down and have wrapped it further to reduce any heat.

The silncer is a 7 inch stainless can from CBS and the pipe work is fitted with a flexi joint to stop breakages.

Type 9 gearbox (reconditioned)

Power to wieght is nearing the 400 bhp per tonne mark

No expense spared when building the kit and is just as happy on the track as it is on the road,

Custom built fuel tank with 1 litre swirl pot for those spirited track days.

Koso digital speedo with mechanical rev counter built in, wil display

Speed

water temp

oil temp

fuel level

Also incorperate turn signals and oil pressure light.

I've probally missed loads and doesnt need for anything, Only covered 1300 miles since IVA. A few pics below and a video from a trackday at Lydden Hill last september.

eb96dd91.jpg

e76288d9.jpg

DSC_0085-1.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

locostfilter.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

A serious piece of Kit Car

£8000 ono

Dave

Guest Hammy360

The Time has come to put my car up for sale to raise funds to go motor racing,

Most people will know the spec of the car but for those that dont,,,,,,

Built in 2010/2011, Passed IVA first time in March of 2011.

Kawazaki Green/Alluminium (currently have Matt black wrap over alluminium)

ST170 Engine running Dunnel throttle bodies (port matched to inlet)

Remote oil filter and oil cooler using aeroquip lines

Oil catch tank retaining std ford crankcase seperator using aeroquip lines

Shortened baffled sump with windage tray for extra ptotection

I spent alot of time and money on getting the right ECU for the engine that will controll the VVT cams correctly, Most ST170 engines are controlled via the gear change light switching circiut which gives a poor transition between cam timing.

My ECU gives a smooth power curve with 160lb torque at just 2500 rpm, With progressive power all the way upto the rev limit at 7200 rpm,

Specific ST170 exhaust manifold, You can use the Zetec ones but the exhaust ports are lot bigger, I had this one made from mild steel as stainless is too brittle and can crack, It is ceramic coated to keep engine bay temps down and have wrapped it further to reduce any heat.

The silncer is a 7 inch stainless can from CBS and the pipe work is fitted with a flexi joint to stop breakages.

Type 9 gearbox (reconditioned)

Power to wieght is nearing the 400 bhp per tonne mark

No expense spared when building the kit and is just as happy on the track as it is on the road,

Custom built fuel tank with 1 litre swirl pot for those spirited track days.

Koso digital speedo with mechanical rev counter built in, wil display

Speed

water temp

oil temp

fuel level

Also incorperate turn signals and oil pressure light.

I've probally missed loads and doesnt need for anything, Only covered 1300 miles since IVA. A few pics below and a video from a trackday at Lydden Hill last september.

eb96dd91.jpg

e76288d9.jpg

DSC_0085-1.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

locostfilter.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BPK2N0heoA&feature=g-upl&context=G2dda5f1AUAAAAAAAAAA

A serious piece of Kit Car

£8000 ono

Dave

Just watched the video, gents Ive been in this motor so I can safely say who ever buys this is getting one seriously sorted motor!

Guest dinger

Hmm I can but dream, what are you using to control the vvt on yours dave.

Mark,

Its a motorsport ECU produced by "Tour De Force" who design all the software for the Lotus and caterham competition cars, The engine runs a camshaft sensor and so this is where it gets the ifomation from,

There is no transition between off cam and on cam, As I said before, you can control the solonoid via the rev limit light switching circuit in a megasquirt but it will be an "on/off" feeling,

Off cam these engines produce 80bhp. On cam they produce 180bhp,,, you can imagine the transition would be quite fierce, also very awkward to drive around town when its jumping on and off.

Guest dinger

Thanks Hammy,

I'm off to do some of this

Its run by the 750 motor club and is probally one of the closest club level championships around, Got to build a car first so probally start next season,

Dave

Guest Hammy360

Thanks Hammy,

I'm off to do some of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCiSDhvQekI

Its run by the 750 motor club and is probally one of the closest club level championships around, Got to build a car first so probally start next season,

Dave

Nice one! looked in to that myself but dont know if I could A- afford it and B- get away with it!

Guest tom-zero

i cant belive u only want 8k im just about to start building and ive already spent close to 7k and it will be no where near this spec

maybe i should have just brought a ready built one but wheres the fun in that lol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dinger

Too Cheap?????????????????????

Not had a sausage on it, from ebay or piston heads, Decent 2B Pinto's are going for 4.5k, MK zetecs are going for 6k to 7K

Don't worry Dave, :aggressive:

Wait until the sun pops out, then it will gain some interest... :clapping: :clapping: .A car this good will be snapped up quickly and is worth £8k+ IMHO.

However with the weather we have at the moment, not too many nutters will be interested in a car with no screen or roof :crazy: .

Its a case of right place, right time. Might also be worth taking it to the Stoneleigh shed for cars up for sale...?

All the best mate

Was talking to qwerty about this car today, can guarantee that having been mapped by TDF on their EC1 ecu that this will be a fantastic piece of kit. Matt at TDF has the Midas touch when it cones to engine control!