South Yorkshire Areaish Meet July

Grim

Sorry guys and gals, I'm afraid Weds are a no go for me now. My eldest daughter has moved

up a class at dancing, so ill be looking after the little un whilst the swmbo is out. :(

Guest MarkB

Providing no work trips come up at the last moment, I should be there.....guest appearance :clapping: :clapping:

you had better wear a name badge, just incase people dont regonise you mate.

I need some help. The top bolt for my alternator adjuster uses the water pump bolt, which has failed, leaving a bit inside the block.

If i'm lucky, i can get the radiator out and water pump off and access the remaining part of the bolt. If i'm not lucky it'll need drilling and a stud extractor, which means getting the engine out due to access.

If the engine is coming out, i'd rather put a new clutch on it, so would prefer a weekday so we can pop to a motor factors if we decide to take the engine out. The cambelt and water pump should probably be replaced either way.

Now here's the best bit.

Hollowell is this weekend and i'm not confident the car will make it there and back without the alternator coming off. weds/thurs i can't take off due to work commitments.

Any volunteers for tomorrow or friday?

I had similar happen to me when my alternator bracket snapped and so did a bracket retaining bolt in the block. Not much room between engine and chassis rails so I used a right angle chuck on my drill to get access to try to drill it out. While drilling with a 3mm drill after soaking with penetrating fluid it appeared that the remaining thread stuck in the head moved slightly, so I got an old drill and ground the tip so it had a cutting edge opposite to normal. I put the newly ground drill bit in the right angled chuck and put the drill in reverse, as I started drilling the drill bit screwed out the bit of snapped off bolt from the block.

Les