Mk1 Mx5 For Sale - Garage Space Needed For Exmo!

Ben Powers

I got it at 10:30 this morning. Have been burning fuel with it until just half an hour ago. I consider my senses fully assaulted and probably in need of some recuperation! Amazing! Not cold, but very loud, very petrol-ey and very fun! Real shove in your back when you stick your foot down, and a cacophony of pops and crackles and bangs when you lift off. Once I've mastered the gearbox and heaviest-clutch-ive-ever-had-in-my-life I'll feel a bit better, driving through Bedford town centre with everyone looking and me struggling for gears, making a racket while doing it, did not go down too well with wifey! Just need the garage space now, feel bad tucking Kermit (the EXMO) up in an old gazebo next to the garage :-(

heaviest-clutch-ive-ever-had-in-my-life

Probably a melted cable. Is it sticky and not very smooth? is it routed through/near your exhaust manifold? get a longer cable like one of these and route it away from the exhaust.

Andy

You'll get use to clutch - bear in mind it's probably still the siera master cylinder with Rover slave in the gearbox so a mismatch. Chaning the size of the clutch master cylinder should sort it - never really bothered me too much tho. Seriously though, how much fun is that car? :-)

welcome to the madhouse...

you gonna make it to any of the local meets ?

3rd sunday of the month at the white horse tilbrook

if you are interested, pm me your email and i will add you to the mailing list

dave

Now sat waiting for RAC, wondering if maybe I should be holding on to my 5 after all :-( Engine has cut out, looks like oil pressure has gone but plenty left in there and no puddles. Hmph. Can't believe I've broken it already!

Lol, I hope not to! Though I'm not sure I'd scrape the road any more that I do at the moment anyway... I am quite pleased that not all kit car owners are expected to be able to fix themselves by the side of the side of the road.