Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

Guest Kennedy48

All I'm trying to say it that the club doesn't give me benifits. But I'm happy to pay my yearly membership to support the club I am in.

Yes I'm sure better conversations happen. But a I don't attend te club meets I don't know. I been once or twice. But having to be up early in the morning for work and having the long drive to get their I just don't bother. I know people go and will enjoy them.

I am only saying what I have seen. As I'm at shows to look at the cars that's what I do. I pay abit more interest in the rhocar stand. As I'm a club member and want to get ideas or see what people have done to their cars.

I approached a member to ask iva questions for when I needed it. Got no answers. Yes I have asked my local members and got loads if help off them.

Cars been o the road over a year now and iv enjoyed the drives out and the local shows that we have attended

All I'm saying is I'm happy with the service I get so I pay my money. Just saying my point of "what are te benifits" does their ave to be a benifit

well if you asked me, you wouldn't have got much out of me as i've never been through the iva/sva process. I'm sure whoever it was wasn't holding out on you! There are many users here who haven't.

Guest Kennedy48

well if you asked me, you wouldn't have got much out of me as i've never been through the iva/sva process. I'm sure whoever it was wasn't holding out on you! There are many users here who haven't.

I was shown to this guy cos he had recently past iva at the time so was at knowledge for the recent iva.

Iv only commented on this massive thread as iv read them all and want a say. And I keep seeing the same questions asked "what is the benifit"

I have said. I don't use any benifits that rhocar offer. But I'm stil happy with the service. I support rhocar and just giving my feedback not starting a fight

Guest Kennedy48

We all have our opinion. I should have just payed my £15 and not bothered posting my thoughts. There's alot more In this post and others to put people off

I'm a member of 4 clubs;

RHOCAR

HOLLOWELL STEAM

MIDLAND RAILWAY CENTRE

BUTTERLEY MINIATURE RAILWAY

I joined non of these clubs thinking "what can I get out of it"....I joined because I wanted to be part of them and help / volunteer where ever I can. I pay my subs each year and donate as much time as I can to each club.

I was barely a member of RHOCAR 6 months when Phil and I began planning RHOCAR's stand at Hollowell. This only happened because I got off my arse and said suggested it to Phil. We then spent some time spreading the word and getting things organised & we're also planning the same thing for this year. On top of this we're looking into the possibility of a RHOCAR national meet at the Hollowell grounds because it is ideally suited with toilet blocks, showers, large gazeebo's etc...etc.....

The pleasure or "benifit" I get from these clubs comes from helping out and being involved. It fills me with a sense of pride and acomplishment which money can't buy!

I find it simply astounding that there are people who are querying "what do I get for my money"....well here is my answer to this;

A CLUB TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH, PROUD OF & INVOLVED IN !!!

If you're sat on your arse doing nowt and expect any more than that, I would suggest you close the door on your way out.

• Like 2

Guest boggybogstar

I find it simply astounding that there are people who are querying "what do I get for my money"....well here is my answer to this;

14 pages but the point is still missed, certainly Im not saying "what do I get for my money", Im saying "how can I encourage more people on the trips I post about" - somebody else assumed I was after money, I was curious if the money was wisely spent on the right things, which I guess in essence is what the OP was all about

Dont want to go round again so backing out of the debate (again) :)

14 pages but the point is still missed, certainly Im not saying "what do I get for my money",

Are you for real? how many pages are there asking what the benifit of joining the club is?!?! Which in other words is "what do I get for my money"

looks like you're the one missing the point of my post

Guest oddsocks

So back on topic then, what do I get for my £15??

Yes I am probably looking for financial incentives if Im blunt, but for people on here - NOT ME, incentives to get people to meet and greet and do whatever they want (it doesnt have to be a blat) and although I organise or post runs theyre not MY runs (did that sound right?), they become OUR runs, ie the clubs, especially if folks see value.

OK, finance bit again, sorry guys, shoot me if you want ....... 500 members paying £15 = £7500 per year, plus sponsorship from the some of the sponsors on the front page .....

Please dont shoot me about this, i really do think some have misunderstood, but i will continue to organise stuff regardless of any benefits, all Im saying is that could an activity (doesnt have to be one I do) be sponsored, if so how?

PS -not all of my posts have been about money Mr Marky B :-), as a paid up member Im just expressing an opinion - pleeeeeaasase keep it constructive

To be honest i have been thinking the same about where the money is going or being spent. And why doesnt the one person who owns the web site speak up and confirm or deny such things?

How about all the clubs finances put up so we can all see what spent on what?

Surely if there are 500 members supporting the club with their money then they have the right to see where its spent-isnt that reasonable????????

Guest oddsocks

someone lock or delete this thread..imo it serves no further purpose. :lazy:

Why???

Because people are asking questions?

do you think you are repeating yourself because as far as i can see tony has asked some good questions that havent been answered and you cant knock him down for that he has every right to ask.

Guest oddsocks

The members see what their money is spent on in the AGM minutes distributed in the magazine. That point has already been covered.

Cant we put a link into this thread or on the forum as to what they are?

what business is it of non members? It's in the mag which all members get.

Anyway, if it was put on the forum I'm sure it would end up in the members only area!

Oh and it has proven in my ealrier posts....Tony B just contradicts himself and in my opinion he is doing nowt but trying to wind people up and stir up sh!t..........I'm starting to miss Stuart now :crazy:

14 pages but the point is still missed, certainly Im not saying "what do I get for my money", Im saying "how can I encourage more people on the trips I post about" - somebody else assumed I was after money, I was curious if the money was wisely spent on the right things, which I guess in essence is what the OP was all about

Dont want to go round again so backing out of the debate (again) :)

nothing can br done to encourage people to join you on your runs out. thats it simple if people dont want to what can rhocar do point a gun at them and make them...???? THERE IS NO MONEY TO SPEND ON WHAT YOUR AFTER...