Club Benfits / Keyboard Warriors

Guest Lowlife

Guest oddsocks

How much was the trackday butty??

£80 for all day!!!!

Probably one of the cheapest track days in the country??

And if your not sure about the track well 5th gear use it also cck do track days there but its more expensive-£95 but you get lunch with that.

Theres a cafe on site.

A club camping and trackday thing has already been broached for Blyton by Phil last year. But the number of people that expressed interest made in financially unworkable. It would have worked out at £200-£250 a head so it worked out far cheaper just to book on a pre-organised trackday for £100 and live with the others on track.

I organised 3 get togethers at Blyton track days last year. The last date there was only 3 members turned up to play. I will be posting up more for this year once the weather warms up a touch.

I dont think it would cost that much per head, not sure how much it would be to camp but the track day is £80 and it we wanted to do go karts as well its £35 for a grand prix which is about 2-2.5 hrs which is great fun on twin engine karts that do 60-70 mph!!

Might be able to do something on the price if we get a set amount to go.

I didnt relise you organized 3 track days-might have been up for that but for us southerns its a long day to drive up there then drive on the track then drive home thats why i was thinking more on the lines of camping and making a weekend of it. So you get the best of both worlds-met and greet with a few jars then on to the track.

Edited by yanto

Guest Lowlife

That's because Richard isn't interested in Robin Hood, we still are

I would disagree, Robin Hood has a negative reputation, whoever I speak to and reference RH never has a positive impression!

I know Richard still wants to support the 2B's etc otherwise why sell parts on KitSpares for them, the frustration comes because the club (in my opinion) doesn't support GBS activities, they are always inviting the club to trackdays etc and how many turn up??? I know I have been to every GBS supported event

Most people who slag off robin hoods ain't owned one, yes we do support Gbs, just about every track day event hasn't been advertised until a couple if days before it has taken place. The open days at the factory have been pretty well attended by Robin Hoods and again Robin Hoods are still the majority cars in the club. Infact the last track day I attended with the family, camped the night before, zoom zoom joined us for drinks etc, never spoke to anyone from Gbs as they kept themselves to themselves

maybe you should advertise them? the few times i've seen any info about them it's a week / few days before the event and that's too little notice

Edit: snap

Guest oddsocks

I would disagree, Robin Hood has a negative reputation, whoever I speak to and reference RH never has a positive impression!

I know Richard still wants to support the 2B's etc otherwise why sell parts on KitSpares for them, the frustration comes because the club (in my opinion) doesn't support GBS activities, they are always inviting the club to trackdays etc and how many turn up??? I know I have been to every GBS supported event

I agree robin hood isnt seen in a great light by most who know nothing about kit cars-depends on who built it, seen badly built westfields etc. But i do think that it as works both ways.

Do the club support Gbs?

Do Gbs support the club??

I can only think of a 2-3 times when i've seen richard on here since i been on here. I know simon is on here often giving great help to those needing it.

He still stocks parts because there is still a huge market, you say it has a negative reputation... Yet it has had a bigger customer base than any other kit, no other kit name is represented as well as robin hoods at any shows

Guest Lowlife

Wasn't trying to get into this debate but we seem to have wandered on to it.

Original question was what can the club do to attract more members and how is it canvassing new Zero owners / prospects??

Guest boggybogstar

Original question was what can the club do to attract more members and how is it canvassing new Zero owners / prospects??

Its difficult to answer without knowing how the finances are managed? - In anycase I wont be stopping sharing organised events with all on here - although I wont be discriminating between members and non members (which is my point about making a benefit for members)

How its addressed now I can't answer, ideas for after the agm are in abundance and once this date passes the ideas we have will be implemented, sounds all cloak and dagger but trust me it's not.

Tony.... Am I to presume you are some kind of financial controller? A lot of your posts only seem interested in the money side of the club, 2012 accounts will be available at the agm.

Guest boggybogstar

Tony.... Am I to presume you are some kind of financial controller? A lot of your posts only seem interested in the money side of the club, 2012 accounts will be available at the agm.

yes I am, sorry, Ive got 23 business cases on the go at the moment and theyre all about benefits - does it show :-)

Looks like GBS have their own user account : http://www.rhocar.or...p?showuser=1884

But not used since April 2007.......

Maybe all that will change when the club is re-branded and hopefully GBS and its representatives will make their association to the factory more obvious (like having some information in their post signature).

Currently, if they were to make posts suggesting that people contact GBS for information or parts, people wouldn't necessarily understand that they've got a commercial interest in the company.

Guest mower man

A thought (don't kill me)

As RHOCAR is as diverse as it is with so many different kits and owners all over the country, could there not be a case for rebranding the club as a National Kit Car Club unless there already is one.

Just a though not a suggestion unless it holds water of course and then it's a great idea :rolleyes:

NO!! mowerman

Guest mower man

All this bullshi-- again stirred up by people who have been in the club but 5 mins and are wanting to change every thing in sight !! ,it seems to be a recuring theme . Richard [GBS ] probably has more on his plate than to worry about club issues ,he is agreat guy but told me personaly he looks at the web site but rarely !.Tony does a great job for SKCC good luck to him but why doesent that assoc have its own site? . As to looking after Zero owners I would suggest that most of them have had most of their questions answerwed by or on the RHOCAR site . yes we all will have different prioritys mine in particular is keeping RHOCAR at the front of the kit car sceen and not fragmentising it as has happened with other associations I'm off to sit in a darkened room with a measure of mind eraser mower man :aggressive: :crazy: :diablo:

Guest Lowlife

All this bullshi-- again stirred up by people who have been in the club but 5 mins and are wanting to change every thing in sight !! ,it seems to be a recuring theme . Richard [GBS ] probably has more on his plate than to worry about club issues ,he is agreat guy but told me personaly he looks at the web site but rarely !.Tony does a great job for SKCC good luck to him but why doesent that assoc have its own site? . As to looking after Zero owners I would suggest that most of them have had most of their questions answerwed by or on the RHOCAR site . yes we all will have different prioritys mine in particular is keeping RHOCAR at the front of the kit car sceen and not fragmentising it as has happened with other associations I'm off to sit in a darkened room with a measure of mind eraser mower man :aggressive: :crazy: :diablo:

Where's the BS?

In the club 5 mins? So our opinion doesn't count / matter?

SKCC has it's own forum with a sight less conflict I might add!!!

No one is suggesting "looking after Zero owners" merely attracting them to the club in greater numbers!

Don't really understand your issue, if it is to promote RHOCAR then embrace progress or watch your beloved club dwindle.

Seems to me that the club is as resistant to new ideas as Americans are to gun control at times, how about what we can do not what we don't want to?

I joined because I felt my debate wasn't taken seriously as a non member! And to illicit a positive debate