Bike Carbs - What Else Do I Need To Fit?

Guest donaldthomps

Guest donaldthomps

Hello all - I purchased a Bike Carb Setup from ZoomZoom recently.

Would someone look at the photo's and advise what else I need to fit please?

Here are the bits I have

1 x Bike Carb Fitted to Pinto Manifold

1 x Back Plate

1 x Filter

I plan on using the current mechanical fuel pump, I have purchased a combined fuel filter and regulator.

That's all I have other than the Dgas 38 setup to remove.

If there is anyone who fancies helping me fit the carbs (nr Mansfield), it would be appreciated - car is in a dry and warm garage.

Beer tokens or other supplied!

Thanks, Donald

They look to be the same carbs as mine - Kawasaki ZX6R .

You've got practically everything but...

I cant see a throttle cable - a push bike brake cable one will do nicely.

I've got two cable adjusters one at the carb end and one at pedal end.

Also a return spring at the carb end (on the motorbike there are two cables a pull and a push)

A second cable for a choke will be needed so another bike brake cable or mod you existing choke.

I have a solderless nipple connecting the cable to the choke slider.

Quick trip to Halfords bicycle department and you'll be sorted.

The two black pipes at the top are the breathers, I have a pipe to connect the two on mine but i don't think not having one will be an issue just vent to air.

On the bike the breather goes to the air box via the pipe in the back plate near to the TPS at the back of the of the carbs this hole is blanked off by the ally back plate for the filter you have there.

Manifold bolts will need to be shorter due to the reduced thickness of the manifold (well mine did because I went from injection)

Fitting is really easy just watch the silicone hose connectors don't pop off.

That's the basics for fitting once fitted they'll need balancing and once you can do that you can come and do mine!!!!!!

If you get really stuck I could come over

Ozz

it'll be worth changing the inlet gasket too. Often full head sets, which include an inlet gasket aren't much dearer than buying a single gasket, and then you've got spares for other jobs.

If you want a hand let me know too :)

Guest zoomzoom

They look to be the same carbs as mine - Kawasaki ZX6R .

You've got practically everything but...

I cant see a throttle cable - a push bike brake cable one will do nicely.

I've got two cable adjusters one at the carb end and one at pedal end.

Also a return spring at the carb end (on the motorbike there are two cables a pull and a push)

A second cable for a choke will be needed so another bike brake cable or mod you existing choke.

I have a solderless nipple connecting the cable to the choke slider.

Quick trip to Halfords bicycle department and you'll be sorted.

The two black pipes at the top are the breathers, I have a pipe to connect the two on mine but i don't think not having one will be an issue just vent to air.

On the bike the breather goes to the air box via the pipe in the back plate near to the TPS at the back of the of the carbs this hole is blanked off by the ally back plate for the filter you have there.

Manifold bolts will need to be shorter due to the reduced thickness of the manifold (well mine did because I went from injection)

Fitting is really easy just watch the silicone hose connectors don't pop off.

That's the basics for fitting once fitted they'll need balancing and once you can do that you can come and do mine!!!!!!

If you get really stuck I could come over

Ozz

I made the throttle cable up as Ozz says got the bits from halfords, just follow his instructions and you should be ok

Good luck

Marcus

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ozz heres a photo of the bracket on my carbs, its nowt special just strip 2-3mm thick, (sorry its been a while since u asked)

my carbs are joined to manifold with silicone pipe, They never came off but the bracket just makes them abit more rigid

Cheers Paul

HTH

post-3784-0-06214300-1359922088_thumb.jpg