Tax And Insurance Help

Guest greengrass

Guest Rallyreason

How has this thread got so far off topic?

The original post was for some advice on Tax and insurance!!

If a owner and member has their vehicle insured for a amount that is advised by the manufacturer then who is in their right to question this? I am sure that all of you have fully read your policies?

A lot of people have been on the wrong end of a insurance claim? This is why it is so important to get insurance with a company that you are as happy with as you can be. Also like i mentioned before, the price of the policy is not as important as the contents within the policy.

I did not build my Kit car, but i can see that the costs of building one from new can very quickly spiral out of control to the amounts mentioned. I am sure that a insurance company will agree to a "agreed price" if you are willing to pay the premium.

My EVO X cost me over 30k, within 6 months Mitsubishi dropped the prices by 5k. Which dropped the value of mine straight down to around 20K. But the insurance policy (From Mitsubishi) was if the vehicle was a non economical repair of total loss etc, i would get a New car. No market value.

Following on from the original post. Like any insurance, read the small print, be happy and take out the policy that you are most happy with.

Road tax these days is based on engine emmissions as we all know.

2litre is around £220 (but mine is currently based on a Rover 2 litre from 1996).

As for insurance, as Rallyreason says, take out the policy you are happy with.

Limited mileage helps keeps costs down, as does locked garage versus drive versus road, and agreed value is up to you but I would suggest keeping it realistic.

Fully comp is expensive, parts only keeps insurance costs lower

I would get the wife insured on the car, because you never know (and is a darn cheaper and less hassle if she's driving and the Boys in blue give her a tug).

Guest greengrass

Thanks for all the replies it definitely seems a minefield and lot to take in and think about. Time to start making some decisions

Edited by greengrass

Guest mower man

Thanks for all the replies it definitely seems a minefield and lot to take in and think about. Time to start making some decisions

Try Frank Pickles he offers all sorts of product and is both helpfull and reasonablein pricing , ihave parts only on my s7 £92 , 6000miles ,happy mower man :clapping:

The question was cost to build or replace!! Cost to replace new from GBS would be £25K, ask them!!

GBS will advise value of above to any customer with a new car.

If it is bought as a second hand car then I agree, value should be much less. Insure for more and accept lesser offer, you can come down you can't go up in any negotiation.

I just spat my tea out and have snot dribbles from laughing..... £25k to replace a zero :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gixerboy rides again.... New user name but same old story!

I nearly coughed a lung up Mark when I read it.

GBS have a really good kit in the Zero and the quality appears to be getting more

precise with every evolution but £25k???? Not a chance....

Can anybody tell me the tax price on 2l zetec zero and does any body have any tips on insurance. Do you enter the price it has cost you to build or the price of a replacement from g.b.s.. Going to be adding the mrs has well ( for return visits from the pub) she is under 30 which seems to be a issue . Any help much appreciated .

I saved 20% on my insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest zoomzoom

What are you lot going on about, my zero cost almost that to build!!

£7400 for the kit, doner parts, and all extras plus £13000 spent on beer and hookers!

I've got receipts as its was tax deductible back then, I believe they have changed the rules now.

I have to insure mine by this weekend and the conclusion is................................???? (Oh as a part build not complete yet - picking it up on Saturday)

Brand new zero with all bits new from GBS except recon diff and MT75 gearbox.