Looking For A Diff Recon Company

speedtripledan

When out tear arsing around derbyshire sunday i noticed my car suddenly change and started vibrating a lot worse than usual, noticed it again today so jacked it up started the engine and put it in gear and there seems to be a lot of horrid noises eminating fro the diff area.

Before it lets go completely i thought i,d get it reconditioned localish theres an oil leak play in both cv joint bearings and a lot of backlash. checked the oil and it seems to thin to be ep 80 so it looks like the **** who built this car not only put the wrong engine oil in causing clutch slip he also did the same with the diff! :aggressive:

Are we talking a Sierra diff here? CV joint bearings, that's got nothing to do with the diff - it needs new shafts, or joints at best - but the backlash perceived could just be the CVs, as Grim says.

edit: Scratch that, just seen the other threads diagnosing a shot diff and looking for a new one. So sounds like you've diagnosed the problem already, nothing to do with CVs?

Dan,

I had my LSD reconditioned by Road & Race Transmissions near Sevenoaks, Kent.

Admittedly they are not local to you, but did a good job, reasonably priced. They prep diffs and gearboxes for Caterham.

It might be worth a visit to them if you are down visiting again.

Road & Race Transmissions, Filston Farm, Filston Lane Shoreham, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 5JU

Tel: 01959 525105

Just an option

Al

Guest MarkB

Dan.... It's a Landrover diff, designed to be rebuilt mate. Get a set of planet gears and possibly a set of sun gears, a pair of bearings and do it thee Sen youth! ;)

It's a freelander diff, made by blind Mongolians using rubber bands.... Or it might as well be.

Guest zoomzoom

It's a freelander diff, made by blind Mongolians using rubber bands.... Or it might as well be.

Hey don't knock them, they are the guys who made my bonnet.