Midlands Area Run Out - 10Th/11Th August 2013

richyb66

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got here. I booked bad weather for tonight to get it out of the way so I had light rain for the last 15 miles.

Still enjoyed the drive up though and hope to get a morning of kayaking in tomorrow before we meet up.

What can I say??? Best run out Iv`e ever had, the roads were absolutely mental and surely designed for hard kit car use.

200 miles there on Friday, 200 miles back today and 120ish miles around Welsh back roads all day Saturday.

I must say though the mountains were fe x in cold early this morning as I was driving through the clouds for miles.

On the A5 (think it was near Nescliffe) there was a Caterham that had span out and pretty much totalled his body work. I stopped to

see if he was ok, which he was, but it was pretty clear that a couple of spanners wasnt going to be any good to him.

A special thank you to Rich and Jackie for their hospitality and the amazing barby and spread they did for everyone and thanks to everyone

in the convoy for a superb weekend run out, you can sign me up for next year..

There will be some pics to follow and Im sure a couple of videos that people did may turn up too.

Andi