S7 Front Suspension Set Up.

Guest craig181blue

Guest craig181blue

Hi,

I have just purchased a s7 from ebay! the problem i have is the previous owner has messed around with the front suspension set up. It appears to have the orginal sierra front hubs and inboard shocks? but nothing else, could someone tell me what is correct for this vehicle please?

Guest craig181blue

yes it does have inboard coil overs but the frame has been cut/welded badly, the steering rack is in the way so the coil overs have no where to mount? I think the previous owner was trying to mount a different engine/box combo and gave up. Should it have the sierra front end on it?

Guest craig181blue

would it be possible to have some pictures of s7 front ends to compare please? This is my 1st kit car so would like to keep it simple / standard to start with.

Mine is like this. it is an early series 1 which uses the early sierra crossmember, holes are drilled through the crossmember and the units are bolted in place, these are the only pictures I can find. Do you have a build manual I seem to remember it describes the fitting in it.

post-24-0-21942500-1373231325_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-97105700-1373231377_thumb.jpg

Guest mower man

would it be possible to have some pictures of s7 front ends to compare please? This is my 1st kit car so would like to keep it simple / standard to start with.

PM your postal add to me and I will put a few hard photos and a pile of info together and post them on to youwith a few more bits that I have after running a similar set up for 9 years or so mowerman :crazy:

If you don't have enough information from the posts already made then send me a message and I'll take as many photos as you want. I bought mine off ebay as a spares or repairs job and believe me they were not kidding! I hope you have plenty of patience. I got there in the end with not a little assistance from others but have just started to enjoy it. As an aside I think the suspension works quite well considering what it came out of. Oh I have the original build manual too so if you need any info out of that I can whiz it under a photocopier or scanner and get it to you.

Kevin