Guest Tim Norman

It's only balancing that may need doing on a regular basis, and that's a piece of piss to do, so much so you could do it before each drive if you really wanted to b

If only!!! Having had the last 10 years farting about with twin 40 delortos....then 45 webers....then back to 40 delortos......then finally 48 webers....and getting to know them all intimately I can say hand on heart that they are not easy to keep in top tune!!!

New webers and bike carbs are sooooo much better!

Mixture screws vibrating loose is one of the main problems. I used to use a drop of candle wax over the top of the mixture screws after they was set to help prevent that, and you could remove the wax ready for the next tuning!

The linkage between the 2 carbs is also prone to unbalancing itself.

Even having you chassis rail close to number 1 carb trumpet and further away on number 4 trumpet as found in the mono chassis unbalances the set up!!

All that said, they are a great set up, look great and sound fantastic!! That's why I stuck with them for so long!!