Iva Test Booked

Chrisruck

• 2 weeks later...

Big day tomorrow. More nervous this time than last time, probably because this time it should pass! Fingers crossed and everything else that can be crossed swell

Well after a 15minute retest, we can add another 2b to the "On Road" (as soon as the paper work is sent to dvl a for registration) roster. It passed without any problems. Thankyou to everyone who has helped me along the way, I couldn't have done it without you.

• Like 1

Guest JammyJim

Well done Chris. Shame you missed the weather this year but bet it didn't take you the 10 years it took me to complete.

I found the registration the easy bit. that's if your local DVLC is still open.

Enjoy Jim

• 5 weeks later...

After 2 weeks wait, got my logbook so assume I don't need a dvla inspection. Day after the logbook arrived my tax disc and confirmation letter arrived with number plate certificate. I'm now all set for a drive! Now that its raining (typical)

I think I read somewhere that now the registration process has been centralised in Swansea, the inspection is no longer required. They finally realised that the IVA inspector had done the checks that they would have done at the local DVLA office.

Fingers crossed there will be a break in the weather so you can really enjoy all your hard work. :)

I'm not sure. I assumed that they would need to check the car so it was a bit of a surprise to receive my log book before my confirmation letter. I vaguely remember the iva tester saying that they don't always check anymore.

Either way happy days that I don't have to waste a day at the DVLA for nothing. Maybe they figured i was quite far to travel for an inspection.

Had my first drive in it yesterday. Nothing too strenuous. Got it up to 70. Nothing fell off :) Few squeaks and a bit of overheating followed by the expansion bottle overflowing. So need to create some bonnet vents and isolate the air filters so they are sucking in cold air instead of hot air. Other than that it wasn't too bad, pretty pleased with myself.