Gearbox / Engine Swap Help This Weekend, South Yorks

Grim

Hi all,

I've had my spare gearbox rebuilt and i could do with some help fitting this weekend 12th/13th.

I've also got a spare engine that's in better condition than mine, so was thinking of putting that in instead of putting mine back, so parts want swapping over etc. If anyone has an engine stand, it would be useful for swapping the sump etc.

Bacon or sausage sandwiches are on offer, along with enough tea to drown in.

If anyone's available, let me know. I moved house about a year ago, so contact me for the address if you need it.

Andrew

Andy,

I've got a crane and engine stand you're quite welcome to borrow. Unfortunately that'll be all I can contribute to the weekend unless things suddenly change.

Ian

Already have use of a crane. Will take up your offer of help and a stand rob.

Just been out to the garage to start the prep of the spare engine. One exhaust port is rather oily, can only think that means it has a duff ring? Anyone else with a more optimistic interpretation? Engine appears to have been rebuilt, cross hatches on bores and replacement cam, altho i know it has done 30k since then

in case it's missing or popped off? no, will have to take a look tomorrow night :) If all else fails, i'll change the cam seal on my existing engine to stop it leaking so much and use that

Femi: will let you know sat eve how much there's left to do, hopefully somewhere near complete!

Hi Andy

Drop me your address/ postcode and start time. Should be able to pop across Saturday all being well. My turn to do the good deed for a change...I see you have an crane, mine is available if you need it though.

Any other tools you think I should bring?

i suppose a torx bit and a breaker bar for the cyl head just in case we decide to whip the head off the spare engine to find out of there's anything wrong. Can't think of anything else, apart from polish.

Guest mower man

If the super team can't do it you may be not have a chance if you have any shortages or doubts get intouch can be free sat , need adress or post code :crazy: mower man