Rolling Road

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Just got back from Pete Burgess with the V8.

When I went in, the engine had 198 bhp at the wheels and 246 torques. More concerning, and I had noticed it on the road which was why I was there in the first place, was the fuelling. It was running lean at wide open throttle and cruising wasn't much better.

Well after a few hours, bigger secondary jets, different metering rods and and much lighter springs the car is now so much better to drive. It doesn't bog down and flutter on pick up and it is no longer trying to run on fresh air!

The drive home was like a different car altogether. Best £90 I have spent in a long time.

Oh and the additional 25 bhp and 24 torques are more than welcome too!

Guest Chris Russ

Nice one!!!.......anyone know of a decent tuning centre/rolling road in the Southend ( Essex ) area???? .......had a real bad experience with my Exmo & the rolling road at Lakeside, they revved it soooo hard it managed to 'Jump' a tooth on the timing belt!!!!! -- took me a week to find out what had happened!!!!! -- I'd still like to get my 2.1 Pinto that runs a 32/36 DGAV Weber tuned properly!

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Chris go to AT Speedracing at Rayleigh. Old school tuners who deal in Webbers and older engines. Father and two sons run it with the father doing all the carb stuff and his sons doing the more modern stuff. They have been featured in Complete Kit Car twice and I have been there on a TR club day with my father in law. It's where I will be taking my Pinto running twin 40's

Www.atspeedracing.co.uk

Guest Tim Norman

Tell me about it...When I set off it was dry, By the time I got to J27 I was drenched!

Cold tyres, wet roads and a very uneven torque curve on the way there made for a very sideways at times experience!

Guest Tim Norman

Word to the wise. Whilst Tyreweld may get you home you can't then repair the puncture. Apparently it leaves a film on the inside of the tyre that can't be cleaned off, and as such the glue for the patch won't stick. Or so I am told!