Unbelievable.....

FERRINO

Following on from this topic:-

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=38671

I decided to stop wasting hundreds of pounds buying endless steering joints from Rally design (I ended up having to have 3 rack UJ's from them before I found 1 that didn't have play - and I bought 2 Sierra triangle joints from them both of which had play too).

So yesterday I bought a brand new triangle joint from Car Builder Solutions instead. It arrived at lunchtime today and guess what :( :-

https://db.tt/OSNoKaKo

I'm assuming they both buy their parts from the same Chinese factory staffed by 5 yr olds and have no confidence that 'yet' another replacement will be any better.

To be honest, this whole steering saga fiasco is genuinely making me want to jack in the build completely and I'm very close to just stripping the car and selling up (for a huge loss of course) :(

Is it just me buying these UJ's from them? I can't believe nobody else is sending these things back as regularly as I am - what on earth is happening??

Cheers

(hugely fed up)Tony :unsure:

Guest TerryBarry

It's not only you - Aston Martin had to recall 17590 cars due to possible problems with throttle pedals made using the wrong plastic material by a Chinese subcontractor. If I had purchased one somehow I'd like to think it was made of British components and I'd obviously be disappointed.

Cheers for the replies, it's looking like it's more than sorted now though. :)

I have to say - the service I have received from CBS is absolutely second to none with this problem! I'm so impressed with their after sales service It's unreal (especially after the complete opposite from the totally disinterested Rally Design lot).

I emailed CBS last night at something like 9:30pm and was astounded to recieve an apologetic reply from Matt within 30 mins of sending it. He explained that these couplings are a fairly new product line to them and that this was the first he had heard of any problems with them. He of course offered me a refund or replacement straight away - so when replying this morning, I explained about the issues with the ones from RD and that I kept getting more dodgy ones sent in return.

So he then offered to go through his entire stock of Sierra triangle couplings and check them all for me to make sure I got a good one - awesome customer service again!

He then replied within an hour to say that he had checked the whole stock of 62 Sierra triangle couplings for play and that he was absolutely shocked by the quality! The best one out of all 62 had 0.5mm play at a radius of 300mm (ie a 2ft steering wheel lol)!

So being a professional - he is not happy to let any more of these poor quality couplings go out to any other customer (fantastic proactive trader). Even more impressive is that he has commisioned a new batch to be made from a known good quality supplier that he assures me will have absolutely 'Zero' play and will be ready in a few days!

What more can you ask for! Fantastic :D

• Like 2

Guest Jameslark

As I'm lucky to be local I pop into CBS whenever `i need anything and they have always been most professional and very helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Sorry to hear of the problem but really glad that Mat is sorting it out. Gives you confidence when suppliers act in a gentlemanly manner.

Guest robinj66

I used to pop in for all sorts of things and they have always been great to deal with - even to the extent of making parts whilst you wait (and watch). Fabulous service :db: