First Test Drive

had first test drive today almost pood pants you really do have to stamp on brakes when theres no servo still got a bit to do tidy wiring and its not reving right still got cooling problem but hey its getting there

got the exhaust done and cut the bonnet had to cut and weld the interim pipe cos it was angled and kicked the exhaust right out and not a bad weld for a novice welder and I did not have to raise the bonnet in the end just cutting a bit off the bonnet seam was enough also think I need to recalibrate tps sensor

You kids!!!!!

You've all been spoiled!!

you should have driven an old E93A (ask your grandad) with rod operated brakes, or a 100E or a 105E,

or a mini when they first fitted disk brakes....I broke 2 seats, you had to push the brakes that hard

or a Morris Minor......and you could fill the tank & get change from a one pound note..

and....and... what was I saying?

• Like 2

Guest Gargoil

It will get better as they bed in but if you want that little extra then a change to softer pads/shoes might help. I have tried Green stuff pads in the past and while they wont cure all, you do get a bit extra feel and stopping power.