First Test Drive

I would vote against changing pads at present. First you need to properly check the brake system to make sure it's all put together correctly, filled and fully bled of air. Then you need to bed them in and get used to the feel. If you are not happy at that stage then a change to mintex m1144 pads on the front discs will sort it. I would avoid greenstuff. They are designed for a heavier car and need more heat than you can get into them on a normal road drive in a seven type car. Downright dangerous around town. Mine never got hot enough except on hard trackdays. When I changed from greenstuff to mintex I could tell the difference before I had driven half a mile.

Nigel

Gargoil, if you have greenstuff on your hood change them before you have an accident.

Richard, you need pads suitable for a 2.0 Sierra 82-85 ish which all had the vented disks.

MDB1175 rings a bell (Mintex part no.) but please dont take that as gospel.

I got mine from Camskill a few years back......they are the best Ive had in the Hood after standard factor pads,

& alleged high performance ones.

Bob

Guest Gargoil

Gargoil, if you have greenstuff on your hood change them before you have an accident.

Thanks for the warning Longboarder. No, I don't have Greenstuff pads in my RH, but I did have them in a previous kit car which was of a similar mass, to this one. In that kit, the pads did as I described. But having taken notice of your alert, have done a little research and it seems that while some people swear by them (including the Red, Yellow and Blue pads) there seems an equal amount of people that do not like them. So, I withdraw my advice for Greenstuff pads, sorry Tractor, but I still think a softer pad will make things easier.

green stuff in light kit is not a good idea as they dont work till they have a bit of heat which the kits generally don't generate. I use them in my 3.0Lv6 coupe on the 4pot brembos with drilled discs and they stop that car on a coin (1.5ton so plenty of heat)) but there is always a small delay before they bite.

Mintex m1144 bite from cold i,ve used them in my 2b when i binned the servo and had no issues with stopping, with normal pads it was scary!!