Griffgriff

Engine Mounts

Hi, could anyone help me with info on the best place to get engine mounts for a Zetec black top in a good 2b? I've seen some on eBay for £50 odd, are these any good, are they a good fit? Or are they universal? Thanks in advance for any help

i bought a set from retro ford , perfect fit for my silvertop into a S7, they come with ebverything , rubber mounts , plates bolts , spacers etc , you just need to cut the tube to length and weld

Edited by NantLladron

i used retro ford for zetec to 2b

i couldnt find any premade mounts luckily cos they wouldnt have fitted any way i used the retro ford d i y mounts got the engine in position bolted plates to engine cut poles to lenght and angle then tacked together no kit is ever the same so premade mounts are useless

made my own bit of plate and some box i had given,rubber mounts from old 1.8cvh engine. old aluminum cvh mounts fitted but just a bit off center of engine bay so did not use them

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nicholas Matthews
      Hi all. My names nick and I'm new here, I wonder if anyone would be able to help me. I'm after c20xe/let standalone management to run my turbo in my Robin Hood. Is there anyone out there that has one for sale at all. Ideally the xe standalone management. 
      Many thanks for taking the time to read nick. 
    • By MarkBzero
      Hi,
      Thinking of upgrading rear brakes on Zero, currently have 2l Sierra drums. They generally only just pass MOT and I have fitted new shoes and adjusted them.
      What do I to do the conversion to discs? I see kitspares to the brackets and there is some questions about fitting to the rear of the disc or front of the car.
      Any help appreciated.
    • By deebee 55
      Hi i have a rover 2.0 t series super spec which starts and runs on tick over but give it the slightest bit of throttle and it cuts out ,.

ive been in-touch with with Alan richey who has made a study of the ecu and he told me it sounded like the TPS , i checked this out and he seems to have put his finger on the problem because with or without it plugged up its just the same i need to discover if its the wiring or the sensor does anyone know how to test the sensor before i go shelling out my had earnt , thanks

Dave
    • By matvic
      After months of not being able to start the engine, despite fuel, spark, air and timing all OK (Pinto 2.0 with DGAV Webers), it started yesterday by holding a rag over the air intake to the carb. Battery has died due to the number of times I have tried to start the car. Today with a new battery, same thing. Car won't start, but as soon as I put a rag over the air intake it started fine. Once it has been running for a few in minutes it then starts fine every time, while it is hot.
      Any ideas why or what to do?
      Thanks
    • By Peterrrwatkiinsss
      Hi guys, I'm due to fit my blacktop zetec into the chassis I have the support rubber mounts however the mounts I have are not the right alignment for the engine, I'm looking at getting 1.8 cvh mounts? Is this okay?
      Also are there only 2 mounting points to use or do you mount the gearbox too?