Rear brake conversion

MarkBzero

Hi,

Thinking of upgrading rear brakes on Zero, currently have 2l Sierra drums. They generally only just pass MOT and I have fitted new shoes and adjusted them.

What do I to do the conversion to discs? I see kitspares to the brackets and there is some questions about fitting to the rear of the disc or front of the car.

Any help appreciated.

Would another option be a different master cylinder to alter pedal effort/ brake effect or go to the gym & strengthen leg muscles.

Though back & seem to remember discs all round on most of our cars was too much rear braking.

Probably because they look better. Unless your doing a lot of track days I doubt you really get much benefit and then it's maybe more the fade resistance. 

If you've only got 240mm discs on the front, if anything I'd be upgrading them before the rears. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter Bell said:

If the handbrake is good for the MOT I suspect it's as Bob says the cylinder size, with the standard Sierra master cylinder the 2l drums are usually overbraked.

Both handbrake and foot brakes are weak, going to strip again and check self adjusters and check movement with drums off.

• 9 months later...

Hi Mark are you running standard Sierra master cylinder?? 

If so have you got the brake lines in the correct way from M/c. 
I have 2 zeros both using your setup and the brakes are phenomenal.  
both EASY pass the mot with the handbrake locking out the wheels on only 2 clicks of the handbrake 

1 hour ago, blue said:

Hi Mark are you running standard Sierra master cylinder?? 

If so have you got the brake lines in the correct way from M/c. 
I have 2 zeros both using your setup and the brakes are phenomenal.  
both EASY pass the mot with the handbrake locking out the wheels on only 2 clicks of the handbrake 

Everything sorted, the auto adjuster were seized all cleaned and greased.