Wanted Sierra V5 And Vin

Guest Dtr36

Don't get hung up about age related a "Q" plate is not all bad and makes MOT's easier later on in life.

Well said Ian, I totally agree and just cannot see the hysteria behind having to have an age related plate. What's so great about advertising the fact that you have the engine and parts from a 30 year old car under your shiney new paintwork??

I'm purposely going for a Q plate when the build is done for the exact reasons you mentioned above - I think a Q on the plate gives the car a bit of distinction anyway :)

Edited by FERRINO

I'm not 100% sure but I think that you can do an HPI check using the VIN number only. It's not guaranteed to give the reg number, it'll just give you any information that HPI have on the system - which is a start. You might need a trade HPI account, give them a ring.

I'd be extremly cautious about advertising for a V5 on a public forum, the DVLA might view this as ringing and take a very dim view. What's to say that the previous owner didn't just sell the V5 for your car to someone else who's already used the identity to get a kit registered?

1992 might need to have a catalyst - August 92 onwards from memory but in any case pursue the HPI route first.

In line with my earlier post, stating you can get a different V5 on an open forum is likely to cause you more problems.

Guest Ian & Carole

Can get a 1992 v5 but different type of engine to mine but same cc

Dave

Simple question!!!!

Why have you got your self hung up about needing a V5 ???

Why do you need the V5 a V5 ???

Buying a V5 with or without the correct engine is shall we say the wrong side of legal.

Guest mirach1

the only real advantage to having an age related plate is that you can transfer it, or put a private plate on it. i think buying a v5 is dodgy ground as you may be asked for proof of donor when trying to register your kit, for example a photo of sierra slam panel with chassis plate attached. not to say this will happen but you are dealing with dvla here!.

imho i would settle for a "Q"