Why Can't I Edit My Posts?

speedtripledan

There has been major changes to this forum, 1st off while I was in commitee I could no longer delete my own posts (been able to do this sense i joined in 2007) now I can't edit anything either. These changes don't just happen ! Someone has effected these changes in some way or other. I would like my original access rights restoring please.

there are definitely some inconsistencies in what you can do, I posted a for sale ad yesterday and couldn't edit it when items sold but have replied to another topic this evening and that gives me the option to edit.

Must just be a glitch in the forum settings somewhere.

Must just be a glitch in the forum settings somewhere.

I think you're right Steve because nothing has been changed to my knowledge.

Dan, try hitting it with a bigger hammer :)

And just to test edit function; nick, your signature will be giving me nightmares tonight!!!

Edited by steamer

Been watching this, and it seems that once your post has had a reply the edit facility removes its self, if that makes sense.

I'm still happily editing my first post in my Wales weekend thread (updating attendees).

I've just gone through 5 or 6 post I've made recently and there doesn't seem to be an edit function available on any of them, either replied to or last post on thread.

I've tried on my PC and phone and both the same.

HTH

Nick

Although I've been able to edit this!!!

Edited by nicko