Mid Life Crisis !

johnhetherington

My wife has just brought to my attention a story line in Coronation Street.

Apparently some guy called Steve has just bought a kit car and is now spending more money on it than it is worth.

Ring any bells she said, well I replied for a start I am 66 so not going through a mid life crisis and also he has brought a Dutton and I'm building a Hood.

Women hey love em

Hey Rich, maybe you should drop the script writers a line and suggest a home visit from the friendliest kit car club.

Bit of free promotion for RHOCaR and maybe get them along to a show filming as well!!

Just a thought

Edited by Al Milton

I've sent a polite email to itv saying who we are, what we do and that the club would like to support program by offering a group blast out on the show with steve's newly acquired dutton.

Doubt we'll hear anything back but you never know.....nothing ventured nothing gained...

• Like 2

Jens brothers has a couple of vehicles that feature quite regularly, an ambulance and a fire engine, and he fits out the "hospital" ward,

if you do get a invite, you will spend 12 hrs standing around, not allowed to chat to the "stars", watching the same few mins air time being recorded which takes hrs in real time,

but I would love to push gail and her fella of the top of the factory , no wonder steves depressed working with those two on a daily basis,

maybe we could run them both over in a drag race down the cobbles .

but Simon Gregson who plays Steve Macdonald did used to have a BRG Caterham ,

Edited by Mitch

the "old" street,(and what was Granada studios in centre of Manchester) is now a tourist attraction, but only until the developers move in, I think its due to shut in Jan, and knocked down to be made in to new hotel/ apartments, the new set is at Salford Quays and is not accessible to public,

Well I've had an email back from ITV saying that our idea of featuring some of the club's kitcars in an episode with Steve's kitcar has generated some interest at their end and the idea is being followed up by the Coronation Street production team and wirters, and we'll hear from them soon.........

• Like 1