Spanner Day At Theduck's - 17Th/18Th January

theduck

Calling on all West Mids members, I need your help! My car is getting very close to being booked an IVA, and I need some assistance getting some jobs done.

I have spoken to Richy and we are looking at getting the remaining larger jobs done on Saturday 17th and then I intend to carry on with some of the smaller bits on the the Sunday. Jobs list for the Saturday include:

- Swap sump

- Fit seats

- Fit passenger lower harness mounts

- Weld throttle arm

- Adjust / shorten handbrake cable

- Fit strengthening plates in the rear end

- Weld/bolt in lower front shock absorber bracket

- Weld in VIN number

If you can/want to help, or if you would just like to come along to drink tea and make sure we are doing it all right(!) every one is welcome. I am based in Northfield, just off the Bristol Road.

Edited by theduck

Guest Blueosis1

would like to come and say hello ,work depending .

probaly not much use and dont want to get in the way but would bring some biscuits for you all :)

let me know your adress as i,m only in Quinton

mark

If anyone has a rivnut tool and 8 of m6 riv nuts they would be very handy! Looking at my cycle wings I need to bolt them on rather than bond them on as I might not get the wheel off with them in place!

Oh and plan is to be at mine from around 10am onwards, though you are welcome earlier as I will be in the garage from around 9am.

Edited by theduck

Do you think ali rivnuts will stand the vibration from the mudguards?? Florins are held on by 6 x M6 button head sets & the nuts brazed to the underside of bracket --then a tap run though to clean.

Brain in gear now --- your brackets may be tubular so above no good.

I used rivnuts for my wings, onto tubes. Very difficult to get the rivnut so the head of the bolt sits flat on the wing. I suggest making a P clip in stainless, bolting this to the wing and self tapper to the tube.

HTH (and makes sense)

Nick

Edited by nicko