Ford Technical Base For Proof Of Age

Guest Jonnyround2003

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please tell me where I will find engine No on a pinto engine, there are cast Nos on the engine block Rh side under exhaust manifold, saying 205 then cast Nos underneath , is the engine No stamped on or cast in

Thanks Harry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Jomeo69

Sorry to bring this up again. Resurrecting dead topics and all.

So I'm after an engine age letter for iva and sent my letter to the address that Theduck posted near the top of this thread.

I got a letter back today saying that 'We no longer have a ford technical centre at RAC'

My question being now where do i go for an engine age letter, an ideas?

And before you all say the burtons catalogue is acceptable, my engine doesnt have an engine number stamped on the casting.

It has a white sticker on the front of the cam belt cover, with a load of info on which has to have a year of manufacture on somewhere but unless i can relate it to something official ish its pretty much useless.

Any help would be grand as always folks.

Many Thanks

Had a look on the web, there's a Ford Tecnical centre listed on Telephone:

Ford ONE CALL: 020 3564 4444. Option 4

Don't know if they will be of any help as you say you don't have an engine number. Let us know how you get on for future reference!

Guest Ian & Carole

If at some point if it has had a factory short motor it would have come from Ford without a number, and I must confess we never stamped numbers on to new short motors, where I worked any way.