Sierra Distributor Wiring / Ign Module

magh

As above im at the stage of the electrics, ive come somewhat unstuck with the ign module and dizzy wiring as all the diagrams i can find show a different module and a 2 wire dizzy. pictures are linked below (as i cant work out how to upload them as there massive) is what i have any help much appreciated.

http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/mikehorsley/slideshow/Mobile%20Uploads

I agree it's from a 2.0L fuel injected sierra after 87 till pintos were abandoned for the DOHC. It is a bosch hall effect dizzy with no advance mechanism which links to the TFI 6 wire module and EEC lV ecu. The EEC lV runs the ignition advance and fuel injection.

The motocraft dizzy is huge and has posts not sockets for the leads. The bosch inductive dizzy looks similar but has a vacuum unit and is taller as it has advance bob weights under the base plate.

Only use this set-up if you want to keep the original sierra fuel injection. If you plan to fit carbs then a replacement dizzy and total of about 3 wires is all you need instead of the 50 with that system.

Its pictured on page 13-48 of my blue sierra haynes manual.

Nigel

All standard sierra. Some TFI modules mounted on the dizzy.

You would have to fit the whole lot if you want it to just run the sparks. Does make sense if you are keeping the fuel injection.

Edited by Longboarder