Santa Pod Drag Strip 20Th June 2015

keith kelly

santa pod 20th june 2015 club booking  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is that all so far ? Come on people, this isn't eBay. I think we need a commitment to get at least 10 cars there for the stand and I don't think we can leave it to the last few seconds like ebay does :)

I'm looking forward to this - it's not a typical car show as you can USE it for the first time here ... :)

Simon.

• Like 1

One question about this.

Is this turn up on Friday and camp or just turn up on the Sat 20th, do the RWYB, meet and chat and go home or what?

I'm not clear about what should happen on this event and it will be the first "track" type event so far.

I'll probably ask at the local meet tomorrow anyway, but if anyone knows what I should do, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Simon.

Guest 2b cruising

Grrr exhaust manifold falling to bits. Gbs wont have any for at least two weeks. Hopefully i can get one or get this one welded for the 20th or its the wifes focus for me!

dont know if it will fit but a have a good crossflow matching length manifold. You might be able to swap manifold plate.

It is designed to exit over side panel with bonnet needing cutting for the four seperate pipes.

Came off a Westfield and looks aggressive.

Ping if you want to try it.

Hi UC:

How old is the Zero; what sort of failure mode?

(Just interest in terms of knowing what to expect)

Thx

I brought it second hand from gbs as they did not have any new ones but it has completely broken off on no1, cracked on the collector and cracked at the weld and has now completely broken off. My mounting at the rear used quite a stiff bobbin and think this is why I have had the failiure. Just make sure you have some movement on the rear mount and should be ok. If using gbs mount whith spring should be ok and if not you can go back to them but as my mount is home made I have no come back really Edited by unclechief

Only got my phone so cn not look into camping. I know there is camping available Sat night for the retro show but not sure on Friday. From what I read on the site they are open from 8 or 8.30 and track open from 9.30 you pole up, register and have fun. If we have 10 cars then obviously we have the club stand to congregate if not suppose we can just find an area and make it ours lol. Will sort out camping stoves for refreshments etc don't think we are allowed bbq but will check. Will have a good look tomorrow while in the office.

Hiya guys.

I use the Pod a lot.

From experience I would say they are not likely to

open until 8am Sat morning. You can buy a one day entry ticket (£10)

then track pass for just the Saturday for another £25.

You can buy a weekend pass for the RWYB on Sat & the Retro show on Sun, and that includes free camping.

Most questions answered here.

http://www.retroshow.co.uk/index.html

http://www.retroshow.co.uk/tickets.php

At the moment I'm wating for a phone call from BGH to say my gearbox is ready.

It should be back this week & I can refit it ready for the 20th, then France on the 2nd July.

I'll be driving up on Saturday then home Sat night.

See you there

• Like 1

Just collected the gearbox.....it seems I have been abusing it...!!!

I have a can full of knackered bits as souvenirs.

Anyway, tomorrow is earmarked for getting the engine & box back in,

so the Pod & France are both definites.

Ray's Corvette is still waiting for the ECU to be fitted then rolling roaded,

so it's highly unlikely to be there.......soon......soon.

Just collected the gearbox.....it seems I have been abusing it...!!!

I have a can full of knackered bits as souvenirs.

Anyway, tomorrow is earmarked for getting the engine & box back in,

so the Pod & France are both definites.

Ray's Corvette is still waiting for the ECU to be fitted then rolling roaded,

so it's highly unlikely to be there.......soon......soon.

great just need a few more confirmed.