Santa Pod Drag Strip 20Th June 2015

keith kelly

santa pod 20th june 2015 club booking  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The retro show is seperate and nothing to do with the rwyb. They are offering a weekend ticket with camping for £20 but you would then need to register with rwyb for £25 to use the track. trust me its £35 including track use for the public session on saturday.

the retro guys have got the Sunday for the track exclusively. from speaking to the wife who used to do this all the time it is always relatively busy on a public day but still get loads of runs in as bob says above. all in its a day out with the club, usual banter and a bit of fun to boot and not costing the earth.

Just got email back from SANTA POD and we do not have to pay in advance but have stated that the retro club stands are reserved for both days as standard weather they use them or not so space on stand may be limited. she need to have an idea of numbers and she will try and give us as much as possible. (no one has booked a stand yet so lets get in early)

I have informed her we have 10 definite's (bit of a lie) which she is certain they can accommodate so stand space should be guaranteed for the first 10 in the pole and then will have to see after that.

There is plenty of space elsewhere on the site to park up while not using the strip so this is open to anyone and you can just turn up on the day and join in but I need rough numbers for the club stand so please opt in above if you are wanting to join us for the day. I will submit the form on sunday with however many are on the poll and hopefully we get a suitable size stand as we are getting in early.

Edited by unclechief

I ran 15.2 at 86 mph with a mildly tuned pinto (135 bhp) and a standard gearbox & 3.62 diff.

I had to use 4th as it was on the limiter about 50 yards from the finish.

The redtop (174hp) & BGH close ratio box was 14.2 at 97 mph, mainly because I could cross the line in 3rd

I havent run the modded redtop (210bhp) at the Pod yet

It should be interesting....

Just to put that in perspective, junior dragsters (11 year olds) would beat my car to the 1/8 mile by a big margin.

the 15 year olds have a more powerful engine....

I did a 13.7 at barkstone last time i was there in the kit and 14.7 in the v6 pug coupe. They were both done on budget tyres with lack of traction how accurate there 1/4 mile was i dont know. In fact my kit was quickest there on the 1/4mile

Edited by DanE

I'm not surprised...thats a very creditable time...

It sets a target for 20th June!!

This might help to put it in perspective....

http://www.rwyb.co.u...ts2014table.php

Also some info on RWYB

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/index.php

Edited by Bob Tucker