Oops Off Topic

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

just got a new bonnet catch for my z3 ( there are 2 on the slam panel) gently lowered the bonnet to check the plungers aligned up swmbo came into the garage said thats looking good now the bonnets on and lent on it.

click. bonnet shut

can get the release to work lever pulls but the catches don't release the plungers, so now I have to strip the front off, bumper lights wheel arch liners under engine under tray etc hopefully then I can get to the catches

needed some thing to do this weekend

peter2b

Pete - ask on the zroadster forum we're both on if you haven't already (not been on it for a few days). I chatted to a guy at an event last year where he had a similar issue - cable snapped near to lever inside car due to non lubrication of bonnet catches. There is a trick to do it but can't remember it, and its a lot simpler than your proposed process to reopen.

Cheers

Andy

Lever up the rear of the bonnet with a crowbar or similar, cut the hinges with an electric saw or bolt cutters then pull the bonnet forwards.

That'll get you in there pretty quick, but it won't do your bonnet any good. Works well when we have car fires and had to do it a few times last Friday when we had 9 cars set on fire by a couple of half wits in an hour over four streets.

Guest Ian & Carole

Lever up the rear of the bonnet with a crowbar or similar, cut the hinges with an electric saw or bolt cutters then pull the bonnet forwards.

That'll get you in there pretty quick, but it won't do your bonnet any good. Works well when we have car fires and had to do it a few times last Friday when we had 9 cars set on fire by a couple of half wits in an hour over four streets.

No rooves off!! :rofl: :rofl:

Guest 2b cruising

Do us all a favour Steve. If you catch one of them, lever his cods off and stuff them up there arse holes. Followed quickly by a double knee capping.

Just don't get caught.

Guest peter2b2002

i had to do that when i got the car as it had a crunch on the off side just above the bumper pushed the bonnet over and bent one of the locking pins but my 6 ft crow bar and my angry cutter shifted it

peter2b

Guest peter2b2002

got it all sorted now swmbo pulled the release lever I pushed down the front of the bonnet , up she popped just got to align it correctly and a bit of greese

peter2b