Which Battery

blue

Hi All.

After years of driving my battery on the S7 decided on way home from Stoneleigh to start giving up the ghost ,

Pulled into petrol station filled up only to find battery would only turn car over slowly - thankfully being injection it was enough to start the car I'm currently running a red top optima but wonder what other battery's other people are using. Have looked at varley red tops etc - any suggestions ??

Running standard 2.0 black top.

My view on batteries is that cheep is always a disaster and last no longer than 1 day beyond guarante.

So look for a supplier that will still be here in 5 years and buy thier Mondeo 2L 5 year battery.

If you only run the car occasionaly look to using a battery maintainer charger.

Guest 2b cruising

My view on batteries is that cheep is always a disaster and last no longer than 1 day beyond guarante.

So look for a supplier that will still be here in 5 years and buy thier Mondeo 2L 5 year battery.

If you only run the car occasionaly look to using a battery maintainer charger.

The same as when buying a new exhaust for any tin top.

a. Never buy one with just a one years guarantee. That is how long they will survive.

b. Only buy from a well known supplier. It's no good buying an eBay special that you can't send back because the supplier has changed names.

Hi All.

After years of driving my battery on the S7 decided on way home from Stoneleigh to start giving up the ghost ,

Pulled into petrol station filled up only to find battery would only turn car over slowly - thankfully being injection it was enough to start the car I'm currently running a red top optima but wonder what other battery's other people are using. Have looked at varley red tops etc - any suggestions ??

Running standard 2.0 black top.

If you're going for a 'dry' (sealed) motorsport battery like the Varleys, you should just be aware of the care instructions for them. They're expensive and it only takes a faulty regulator or misuse (fully discharging them, or not charging them with an appropriate multi-stage charger, or mounting them loosely) to knacker them up. Don't get me wrong, they're great (I have two Odyssey/Powervamp batteries myself) and they're compact and relatively light weight, and coupled with high performance starter motors they don't half kick out some cranking amps :) but they may be more hassle than a £50 jobbie from your local motor factor with 5 year warranty :)

Edited by brumster

Guest peter2b2002

Just had to get a new battery for my z3 i could charge it up overnight but next day after a 20 mile run it would start once but if i tried to start 1/2 hr later no go

Peter2b