High Reving

jaimo

Took hood for not today first drive since I bought and first one for 15 years for hood its been fine driving round field but on way to test station had put foot down didn't feel as quick as it should then the revs stuck on as if cable or pedal stuck down either was the case the front idle screw fully wound off and no change any ideas guys pierburg 2v carb auto chock

Do you mean Erving high at idle. If so check for air leaks. Look for a vac hose from carb to distributer . or gasket. Easy way is spray carb cleaner around joints and or squeeze vac pipe closed.

Let us know what you find.

Guest 2b cruising

Doubt that one. It would still require full. Throttle applied to get the air required.

It would also flood the engine enough to cut it out.

I know you said the cable wasn't stuck but has the throttle butterfly come adrift at the bottom of the ventury.

Or has something got stuck in it holding it open.

You will have to remove the air cleaner to look for these faults.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest mower man

Unfortunatly the real problem is the b---dy awful peir burg carb its a bucket of crap sorry mate but you need to get rid of it IIRC ford only used iot for very short time and went to a weber you need to look for a 32/36 or sim not a38 dgas unless its a2 litre+pm your adress and I,ll come and have a gander mick :crazy:

The only carb worse than the Pierburg was Fords own attempt at a carb, the infamous Ford VV carb.

Thankfully now all disappeared from sight.

+1 for a 32/36....very efficient carb, will fuel up to about `150 bhp

Guest mower man

Hi buddy you should be good with that ,I would love to come over but dont know were you are post me a clue ,your post code or address don't matter which mick :crazy: