Next Prob

jaimo

Found to have front warped discs now when brake got a vicious vibration through steering wheel so now got to get some pads and discs which ones are recommended seen mintex for £45 for discs and pads are these any good

Well swapped front pads and discs today found osf calliper seized free off and also slider pins were major sticking now all good and new wheels fitted

Also got new door hinges to fit

Electric fan to fit with in pipe thermo

New thermostat to fit

And couple more bits mite actually make it to Pickering in a few weeks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well here we are again after te recent work now found out a few probs some bad some not so

1. 1.8 pinto really low on power

2. viscous fan not working (getting very close to overheat)

3. rad not good

4. tie bar conversion very good and handling better but sides of panels now flex with movement so need to strengthen somehow

5. few orthr issues not really worth mentioning

so question is do i rip it all out replace engine,all engine bay wiring, rad electric fan etc

but with what do i go 2.0 pinto as got one in winter if want it 2.0 with performance cam etc, bike carbs etc etc all for a very good price and be done or do i go zetec

tractor will no doubt be along as all weekend he was saying plenty of room lol

got an idea chris come stay for weekend soon and we will go for it comfy bed plenty of food and beer

Have you got the angle reinforcing piece inside and possibly outside of the stainless panel to reinforce it? If so, then you could tie both sides together with a box section under the floor. That's what I did.

well here we are again after te recent work now found out a few probs some bad some not so

2. viscous fan not working (getting very close to overheat)

3. rad not good

Problem 2 and 3 is probably because you have 4 or 5 inch gap between the fan and radiator. Before you go spending money, I really would put some spacers on your radiator to bring it closer to the fan.....ideally you only want a 1/4" or less gap between the fan and radiator at the most.

4. tie bar conversion very good and handling better but sides of panels now flex with movement so need to strengthen somehow

We suspected that would happen. You'll need to span a length of 2" angle underneath the car between the tie-bar brackets......Like what stu has done to his.

Edited by steamer

Have you got the angle reinforcing piece inside and possibly outside of the stainless panel to reinforce it? If so, then you could tie both sides together with a box section under the floor. That's what I did.

Yes the bracket is angle on the inside and outside sandwiching the body between.......