V6 Bob Engine

biksz

Classic Ford May 2013 did a VERY brief article on fitting the BOA/BOB engine into the Capri. Main points were: V6 type 9 on the limit with these. Many switch to MT75 box with 4x4 front for the V6 bolt pattern. Alternative was Cosworth T5 box with Ric Wood bellhousing. Clutches depended on what box was used. Flywheel was standard Cologne V6 to convert from automatic. Budget way for ecu was to use the management from the BOA as it simpler or go for standalone ecu.

Is going in 2b or s7. 2b should be ok and been done. S7 is tight because of the monocoque chassis rails giving limited width. Would go v6 gearbox. I am not sure the 4pot gearbox will fit as v6 had longer input shaft. You can get a v6 box to for a 4pot but not sure the other way round.

There are various length input shafts to fit type 9s my box was a 2.0l but now has v6 input shaft running on v6 laygears. I machined the v6 shaft to the same length as the origanal 2.0l. For my v6 peugeot conversion i.m going to modify my spare 2.0l box to same spec or try and find a v6 box and refresh that

Guest david_l_perry

I've just put a 3.0l jag stype v6 in my 2B. Replaced the 2.1l pinto on bike carbs. I

t's pretty much the original jag standard engine setup. It's an astoundingly different drive........so much better than the pinto. The torque is superb, put your foot down in any gear and it just takes off. Great fun. It was a relatively cheap thing to change as well as the S type cars are cheap and the sale of the pinto paid for the jag.

Dave

Guest david_l_perry

I bought a 2001 jag Stype 3.0l leather trim air con, great condition, mot. Ran it for several months to make sure it was a good un first before I started the conversion.

Jag Cost me £720 Sold the pinto and type 9 box with bike carbs for £775. Sold the wheels off the jag for another £200 and a few other bits for a bit more.

David I was watching that closely you did a very good job there and it sounds very nice.I not bothered about 5 speed box as don't use car for much apart from run to work and pottering around realy